Thread: Help please! About day counts to covert residence visa to permanent residence visa!

Default Help please! About day counts to covert residence visa to permanent residence visa!

Dear JandM and other mates,
    My residence visa is online approved on 9th Dec 2013. I have following questions:
    1) when is my residence visa maturity starting from? The online approved date i.e. 9th Dec 2013 or the blue sticker date, say 1st Jan 2014? Or starting from the first entry date (no late than INZ pre-defined date)?
    2) when shall I start to count the 24 months? It is a similar question to question 1.
    3) if I leave New Zealand after the two 184 day requirement and apply for permanent residence visa, will I be required to take the health exam? how can I avoid the health check? Keep stayed in New Zealand before I apply for permanent visa for the past 3 or 6 months?
    Thank you very much!

When you apply for PR, the count goes BACKWARDS from that point. So the earliest date when you can apply is when you can count back two years to the date of your first arrival in NZ*, and within each of the two-year periods, you can meet the requirements on the INZ web page. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

*A Residence visa is activated when you present it to be stampted at Immigration at the airport when you get to NZ.

There is no medical requirement for claiming PR. If you are a resident and have met the requirements listed on that page, whether you apply from within NZ or from abroad, it will be granted.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    When you apply for PR, the count goes BACKWARDS from that point. So the earliest date when you can apply is when you can count back two years to the date of your first arrival in NZ*, and within each of the two-year periods, you can meet the requirements on the INZ web page. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

*A Residence visa is activated when you present it to be stampted at Immigration at the airport when you get to NZ.
    JandM, if you have acquired your Residence visa from already being here in NZ, when is the date counted from in that case, as it would not be activated at the airport?

Paul

From the date on the visa itself, which is usually the date when it is stuck in your passport.