Thread: Skilled Migrant Category-Does every application need an interview?

Smile Skilled Migrant Category-Does every application need an interview?

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I selected his forum after mush looking; I thought it was most useful and friendly here. My family has just submitted the EOI, we have 135 points, claiming 15 points for work experience in LTSSL.

I am hoping to get a job offer before either being selected, or submitting my actual application after receiving an ITA. The one questions I cannot seem to get a god answer on is the interview for Immigration. IF I have a job offer, will an interview to determine my ability to settle be required? If I do not have a job offer, is an interview automatically required?

Lastly, are immigration interviews always done in person? I am concerned we will need to travel to the UK or NZ for an immigration interview, and this would mean I need more money and to plan for it. SO, I am trying to figure out what the likelihood of an interview being required is, and where and how they are done.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,

THANKS

The INZ officials CAN interview anyone, for any purpose they feel would be helpful.

HOWEVER, for the most part, those with a job offer are not interviewed. The basic purpose of the interview is to determine the applicant's employability, and if you've been offered a job, the point has been proved.

Those without a job offer are interviewed. Search for old threads on "interview questions" for information.

Many interviews are done over the telephone.

Thank you for replying. I thought the same thing. I am glad to hear some are done on the phone. Needless to say I have a tight budget, although a practical one, and was concerned about double travel air fees! Again, thanks for replying.