Thread: Need an info on Remittance serices (Malaysia to New Zealnd)

Question Need an info on Remittance serices (Malaysia to New Zealnd)

Hello All

Can someone suggest me which are the best Remittance services to transfer money from Malaysia (MYR) to New Zealand (NZD).
    Best I could evaluate in terms of
    1)Good cross currency conversion rate.
    2)Reliable
    3)Money Transfer limit.
    4)No of days it takes to transfer.
    5)Commission or No Commission

Hi. Have a look at this link - http://www.workstudylivenewzealand.c...-with-nzforex/. It is a service I have been invited to supply. I have used it many times myself and I have now heard good feedback from people who have used it through my website. You won't pay commission, you watch the exchange rates a and book the best you can get. The money is in your NZ bank account within a few days. In the interests of total transparency, I do get a very small "reward" - but I can promise you that I recommend these people regardless. They do handle Malaysian currency. Hope it helps. Karen

Hi Karen, Thanks for the link
    But while registering it gave me below warning message

Sorry – we do not accept payments in MYR. Please re-enter the ‘I have’ currency if you have other transfer needs.

I have X amount of MYR which I want to transfer to BNZ bank a/c(after conversion Y NZD), this service doesn't accept for MYR.

Oh, that's a shame. There may be similar ones if you do a Google search. It looked okay from my end - sorry!! Good luck. Karen

I would say western union. The charges are a little high but you can set up an account and transfer your money quite safely once you establish it in person.

Thanks guys for you input
    @batgirl1001 -Western Union is little bit expensive and has transfer limit.

WU has high charges but it is a secure transfer. Anyway you can go around looking for a local remittance company (usually they are moneychangers as well) to check their rates, provided they are reliable. This requires a bit of legwork on your part.

On another point: You can bring in max of $10000 in NZ currency or equivalent before you need to declare. So you can bring some cash with you as it takes a little time to activate your NZ bank account (they usually need an address).

Thanks batgirl1001
    for valuable info on how much max money I can carry in NZ. Yes surely I will carry some money in cash to be on safer side.
    I am currently checking with local bank here (Maybank), they are giving comparatively good rate , commission of 25-35 MYR and no transfer limit, also secure.