Thread: residence class visa

Default residence class visa

hi there,

i have a few question regarding my residence that i apply under SMC category,

1. can i change my job even i just get residence class visa less than a month? any condition with the residence class visa? any usefull immigration link for residence class visa condition?
    2. the immigration ask for ielts certificate for my wife and give us a time until june 2014 she is done the test but not sure that the result will be good, can she get another ielts test if the result is not good?
    3. my online status is changed to APPROVED already and we've got confirmation by email saying its approved but have a condition(ielts certificate for my wife), the question is we don't need to send our pasport and pay migrant levy before we get the ielts certificate is it?

sorry if the question is asked already in this forum i just can't find it
    any suggestion will be highly appreciated, thank you
    Last edited by danikurniawan; 14th December 2013 at 09:54 PM.

1. If your question is regarding a job change after you get residence visa, then job change should not be a problem as long as you have the right to live/work
    2. she can definitely retake the test , but that will have to achieved within the time frame of June 2014. I am not discouraging but my suggestion would be, if you/your wife really think the results for current IELTS are not going to be good, book a second date for IELTS soon & prepare for it.
    3. This question you may direct to your CO who will know the conditions pre-set with your case.

You will need to check these things with your CO after the weekend. I know you have a job as part of your Residence application, so it's possible there may be a condition requiring you to stay in that job for three months after you get your visa. It's POSSIBLE, but on the other hand, the time you've already been in the job may mean they DON'T put that condition on. Conditions can be put on any visa if the INZ official thinks it necessary - it's entirely individual, so we aren't going to be able to tell you the answer for your case.

For the other points, I agree with rv1103

thanks for your reply,
    yes jandm i've been in the job for about a year and the only condition in my residence visa is just a travel condition.
    i work as a chef and just want to move to a bigger place where i can grow up my career and ofcourse a chance of a better salary.
    thank you for all the member who gave me the information above, its highly appreciate.
    GBU all