Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Case officer assigned

Red face Case officer assigned

Hello guys,

I have got the case officer assigned 5 days ago and she did not ask for any additional documents yet. I know it is too early to say something but a friend of mine at this stage had so many additional things asked from the case officer at this first stage and got her residence just after 2 weeks, that i have started seen it as a good thing. Does anyone have any similar experience to share?

'RE: Application for Resident Visa in New Zealand

I am writing regarding your application for a resident visa in New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant Category that was lodged on 04 October 2013.

This is to advise that your application has been assigned to me for assessment.

Please remember that you need to remain in New Zealand lawfully whilst your application is being processed."

Thanks =)

One more thing, I had to apply for a work visa as mine was expiring and i just got it on November 12th. I am pretty sure my file is really well organized and the CO will not ask for any additional documents (Payslips, contract, job description, job offer, birth certificate, etc, etc). An immigration adviser told me it is possible they dont even do the employment check as i got the work visa recently. Is it true? Can i expect a quickly process?

thanksss

I'd say it's quite likely that they won't do an employer check - although they could if they wanted to. But this doesn't necessarily mean you will get Residence quickly. Applications from those already in NZ on a work visa aren't given a high priority, so they can get pushed to the back of the line if there is a rush of other work in the INZ office.

You may have seen other posts from me saying this: what happens to other people's applications will not necessarily happen to yours. Everyone's case is different, and working conditions in the INZ offices vary from hour to hour. For your own peace of mind, it's best to try to accept that it will take as long as it takes. But good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    it will take as long as it takes.
    This should be made Forum's motto and maybe the site title. Every other week new applicants express the same anxiety. Take a deep breath and repeat what JandM said 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
    This should be made Forum's motto and maybe the site title. Every other week new applicants express the same anxiety. Take a deep breath and repeat what JandM said 3 times.
    thats true ...

just be paitent

Thank you guys!

JandM, you are right, I am not in a really rush, but i confess i am still thinking i can get it before Christmas (Think Positive!!).

And the anxiety comes from a non information, as an example, when you do your IQA on NZQA you can see online step by step what is going on with your application and this makes us calmer. I know they are totally different, but would be great if INZ starts use some tools like it, they would decrease their phone calls and customer headaches in 90%.

Anyway, thank you guys again, this Forum is amazing and i will up date my situation as soon as i get news. =)

I know they are totally different, but would be great if INZ starts use some tools like it, they would decrease their phone calls and customer headaches in 90%.
    When you have dealings with INZ, you are never "a customer". You're communicating with a department of the NZ government, asking if you may go in to live and work, and that right does not have to be granted (in the same way that I don't have to let in someone who knocks on my door). The fees pay for officials to work the cases; they don't buy a visa.

And working the cases, not the people, is the priority. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....498#post485498

Olivepass which branch is processing your application?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto carlos View Post
    Olivepass which branch is processing your application?
    Hey Roberto Carlos, the branch is Auckland City.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    When you have dealings with INZ, you are never "a customer". You're communicating with a department of the NZ government, asking if you may go in to live and work, and that right does not have to be granted (in the same way that I don't have to let in someone who knocks on my door). The fees pay for officials to work the cases; they don't buy a visa.
    '
    And working the cases, not the people, is the priority. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....498#post485498
    JandM, I never wanted to mention on the way you were saying. Maybe because my english vocabulary is still poor, i used the word "customer" but not on the way to pay for anything. My idea was just to put the application steps online, like NZQA does.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast