Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CO is not responding, for query about residence application under SMC

Default CO is not responding, for query about residence application under SMC

Dear all,

I am glad to join you here, it is the most useful and comprehensive forum I have found about immigration to New Zealand.

My situation is that I have applied for residence under skilled migration category with a job offer, my application was lodged on the 10th of September and a CO assigned immediately sending me a letter stating that he hopes to finish it within a 3 months if not further verifications or documents required.

Late October I have a positive update to my provisional registration status, so I emailed him to report the change. And he informed me that my employer has not replied to his questionnaire, which is necessary, I talked to her and she did reply with every thing.

After that I am emailing and phoning him to enquire about the progress of the application or if he need any further documents because my job start date after two weeks, but unfortunately no answer at all. It has been now like 3 weeks of no reply to email or phone. I am so worried about that and I don't know what should I do next, is this normal from CO or does it reflect a negative out come !

Finally, I want to thank you all for creating a very useful platform here for people to share their experience and support others.

Regards

Sheckooo

You say your start date is in two weeks. I'm afraid this is putting things backwards. Your employer would LIKE your start date to be at a certain time, but it cannot happen until you have a visa. Your employer hasn't helped matters to be worked quickly by not replying to the necessary checks quickly, and having to be reminded. If she is impatient, that is something she can be (politely) reminded of. YOU aren't responsible for the wait. You and she are both waiting for INZ.

About the CO - many of them don't reply to queries if they haven't anything specific to say. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting).

You say your start date is in two weeks. I'm afraid this is putting things backwards. Your employer would LIKE your start date to be at a certain time, but it cannot happen until you have a visa. Your employer hasn't helped matters to be worked quickly by not replying to the necessary checks quickly, and having to be reminded. If she is impatient, that is something she can be (politely) reminded of. YOU aren't responsible for the wait. You and she are both waiting for INZ.

About the CO - many of them don't reply to queries if they haven't anything specific to say. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting).

Hi JandM,

Thank you for your clarifications.

My Employer has no problem if i joined business late. it was unintended to ignore the CO email, but she receives hundreds of emails and usually prioritize the familiar ones, when i informed her she sent all the necessary data in a week.
    I am worried if they start date passed without hearing from INZ, would they require another offer or they still consider it?

Regarding the INZ CO commuication, the first email i sent to him, he replied the second day. but now not even answering the phone.

In similar cases like me JandM,what do u advise or recommend me to do?

Many thanks

Sheckooo

As long as the INZ CO has the details of your offer and the contract, that is all right. They know you can't start without the visa.

I think, in your place, if you have not heard from the CO by the time the start date comes, then I would write and say this, and ask if there is anything more you can do to help. If THAT gets no reply, then I would phone the INZ general line to tell them you have had no communications and want to know if they can tell you anything.

Are you in New Zealand at the moment, or waiting to travel?

How about getting your employer to issue a letter to you stating that they will extend the start date for a further .....weeks until you have your visa. You can then forward this to your CO - maybe helping to bring your case to top of mind. I imagine it is with Dubai and I know they are very busy at present. Hold on tight, hopefully it won't take much longer! Karen

I am still overseas, and I need to go to New Zealand at the earliest to continue my license registration process. Thank you for the advice

Thank u Karen for ur input, my application is processed in london branch. The letter is a good idea I can offer it at latter stage.

And what do u think guys about applying for a temp work visa and try to catch the start date and the registration process?

Thank u

If your employer is accredited employer then there is a WTR (work to residence) - Talent visa , and the processing time for this normally 5 days (if no additional information is required). But you need to check with your CO if you should apply for WTR visa!! and you need to do as per your CO guidance....

Quote Originally Posted by nz_crick View Post
    If your employer is accredited employer then there is a WTR (work to residence) - Talent visa , and the processing time for this normally 5 days (if no additional information is required). But you need to check with your CO if you should apply for WTR visa!! and you need to do as per your CO guidance....

H I nz_crick,

No The employer is not accredited but my job is in te long term shortage list. Actually i hope that the CO give me any guidance to follow, like if it takes longer i can apply for work permit or something. but i feel isolated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast