Thread: A bit rude advisor in the call center...

Default A bit rude advisor in the call center...

I just got of the phone. In general I had problems with my online account since my password wouldn't reset after immigration have created a new account for me... I have until now not had a working online account, but now with the residency application and quite longer processing time I kinda want to be able to follow it online... there must be a reason for the service is there!!

Anyway, when I finally got through after waiting for ages the person I get on the phone already from the beginning seems like she is annoyed with me and cut in while I am talking etc. when I explain my situation, she cuts in again and talk down to me like I am stupid even though I haven't even finished my sentences. She puts me on hold to look at my application and it takes her about 5 minutes where after she comes back on the phone with following:

- I have send a resetting email to the email you stated in the beginning. I had mentioned two emails, so just wanted to confirm it was the one and it was spelled correctly... she snapped at me and I pretty much gave up on that one. She pretty much didn't wanted to listen, and now when I look at the email she have send me the wrong details and I it is STILL not possible for me to reset the password!

- Then she told me off for calling and told me the processing time is 6 months so I shouldn't bother calling them or check my online status again before the 10th of June. Apparently the online status system is not ''legit'' and I shouldn't even bother with it.

In general really rude, I said to her I didn't call to annoy her but I just needed help with resetting my password... after that she told they were pretty much tired of people who called week after week and I shouldn't worry myself with it and keep calling, so there was no reason for further contact before after the 6 months since they won't give me any kind of updates or have contact with me before then...

Really rude attitude, it is mainly her attitude towards me there was the problem and the fact I didn't really get a chance to explain what I actually wanted because she kept cutting me off while I was speaking. The 6 months processing time is fine enough, neither of us can do anything about that and that is just how it is! But they could at least treat the applicants with respect?

Anyway, because I didn't really found her reliable I thought I would ask in here what you think regarding the online system - legit or not? And is it really okay to say that I shouldn't make any kind of contact with immigration during the next 6 months?
    Last edited by Rikkesimone; 20th December 2013 at 06:24 PM.

If you thought the agent was rude, complain. There is call recording so a senior can review the call. Whether six months is right depends on your circumstances - for example, if you were below 140 points and don't have a job offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkesimone View Post
    Anyway, because I didn't really found her reliable I thought I would ask in here what you think regarding the online system - legit or not? And is it really okay to say that I shouldn't make any kind of contact with immigration during the next 6 months?
    Well, you WILL want to have access to your online account eventually because when a decision is reached, all you get is an automated e-mail saying something like 'your status has been changed'. So you'll need to log in to check whether it has been approved or not. Regarding contact - you MAY make contact, suppose your contact details change - you'll need to let them know. And it IS fine to check what's happening once in a while, but I'd maybe suggest you to contact the actual branch your application was submitted to.

I agree with both the previous posters - there's no reason for anyone to be rude, and not to allow you to finish explaining what you want to ask. And somebody senior should be told about this happening.

The online system isn't updated by the same workers who process cases, so it isn't maybe of primary importance. Also, it has certain glitches - the one that springs to mind is that whenever anyone opens a particular case for ANY reason, the date for the medical changes. But you have a perfect right to want to be able to access it, and it's an official INZ means of communication, so it's not right to say it's 'not legit'.

Thanks for your answers! I am going to make a complaint about her... in general there is nothing wrong with the information she is giving (for an instance the 6 months processing time), but it was her general attitude during the call and the fact that she didn't actually let me speak or finish my sentences: and then ended up actually not helping at all. Besides that, as an applicant it is a hard and really stressing period of time to go through, and there should really be helpful people in the center... either of the things I have been calling about have not been for legitimate reasons. We are applying under partnership, so obviously you can't just relax and not care about your applications process!

Unfortunately I can't contact the Manukau Branch directly? That would have made things easier.

Complain there before you complain here

Quote Originally Posted by jawnbc View Post
    Complain there before you complain here
    I am just sharing an experience, and hoped to hear how other people finds the online system... don't understand why you feel the need to write a comment like that, when I have told I am going to make a complaint. Unfortunately on the day the called finished (yesterday, on a friday) it was close to 7 pm and after that the immigration call center closes down. I am not sure they are open during Christmas either, and at the same time I got a full time job ... I think it is okay for me to post my concerns and frustrations on this page, just as well as other people are.

The smile is intentional: I'm not giving you a hard time. But it's in your interest to channel your indignation into action on your own behalf--with INZ. Then you can tell us what happened and what you did about it--everyone benefits.

The comment applies more widely than your own case....also a benefit of these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by jawnbc View Post
    The smile is intentional: I'm not giving you a hard time. But it's in your interest to channel your indignation into action on your own behalf--with INZ. Then you can tell us what happened and what you did about it--everyone benefits.

The comment applies more widely than your own case....also a benefit of these forums.
    I was frustrated and needed to get it out among other people who I thought would be understanding, it helped. Cause I was pretty bumped out after the call and upset about it all, and obviously I would come with an update! I didn't think the forum was only to get facts but also support...