Thread: SMC application CO is not been allocated yet !

Default SMC application CO is not been allocated yet !

Hi

I and my collegue at work has same position and work for the same company he and I applied for SMC on the same day almost 3 months ago.

He is got his Resident application approved while mine does not even have a CO !

I called twice in the INZ and asked for status but still nothing has happened yet !

I have few question

how this SMC application procedure work ? i understand all application is different but still once application lodged how application decided to have fast track or slower ?

from INZ call center they told me that it does not mean tht you yr CO is not been assigned it will take more time to process it will take same time !

my concern is why is it not been allocate to CO yet ?
    or my my collegue application has been picked up first that's why it process faster then mine or his application is been drawn from the bunch.

pls anyone can answer would be appreciated !

i wasn't worried about not assigned by CO cuz i thought Christmas time may be they are really busy but last week my collegue approval without any problem makes me worried and under pressure to think more and more !

They're quite right. You don't always get told what has happened back in the office. Often, someone's application is progressing, although they don't know that it is. And you cannot judge that anything is specially wrong with what is being done about your affairs by what someone else has heard about their affairs - all cases are individual, and so also are the varying pressures of in the INZ office. Also, it doesn't help to imagine that your colleague's case and yours are there, in the INZ office on their own, side by side like a two-man race - they are both there in a sea of HUNDREDS of other files, and will get directed in possibly different ways as is most suitable.

Here are some old threads which will help explain various aspects of INZ working and what is to be expected as your case goes through. Not everything will exactly apply to you, but it will help you get an overview. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....979#post455979 http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....690#post450690
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....498#post485498

You have to expect to wait, and be anxious, while all this happens. This is the same for everyone. For your own peace of mind, try to be calm, and focus on other things happening in the real world around you. INZ processing will all take as long as it takes. Breathe...

Quote Originally Posted by Nz lover View Post
    I and my collegue at work has same position and work for the same company he and I applied for SMC on the same day almost 3 months ago.

He is got his Resident application approved while mine does not even have a CO !
    You'll just need to be patient and try not to stress yourself over this too much (I know this is hard to do). We waited 6 full months for our CO to be assigned, yet there are more fortunate people on this forum who submitted their applications to the same INZ office 4 months after us and have had a CO assigned about the same time as we did. It's VERY random.