Thread: Average time taken to get a job offer on work visa

Default Average time taken to get a job offer on work visa

Hi All,
    I am entering Auckland for the first time on 20th January 2014 to validate my Silver Fern Job Search Visa and attend face to face interviews. I have established contact with some recruitment agents with phone/Skype interviews and positive feedback from them. I am aware that it is the client who has the last word but I believe the agent can influence his client, am I right? My main question however is "What is the average time to get a job offer if I am available for immediate start with my work permit in hand?". I am a Telecommunication Network Engineer with 6 years experience.

Hi Benjiamino,

I think it all depends. Like anywhere else in the world, how long it takes to get a job depends on a lot of factors like their requirement urgency, candidates already interviewed, your fitment into the role and a lot of luck (among other factors).
    In terms of activity in the market, I think it's pretty active market (especially compared to Singapore market that I am in right now). As an example - I happened to be lucky in the respect and got a job offer within 15-18 days of first contacting a recruiter.
    Given it's holidays time, expect real activity to return after 8th-10th Jan and you'll get a better picture of your matching jobs.
    Enjoy the holidays and very Good Luck in your job search!

Cheers!

....and Congrats for your Job Search Visa!

Hi anuragdial,
    Thanks for reply. I think you are right. Am so excited to get there. My best friend will be luck although I'll try my best. Does anyone has any advice or any experience to share please?