Thread: PR Application has been accepted??

Default PR Application has been accepted??

Hi i got email from immigration this morning

"This email is in regards to the above application which has been accepted for consideration under the Skilled Migrant Category (SMC), and to inform you that the application has been allocated to me as the Case Officer.
    At this stage we do not require any additional information. In the meantime, please let me know of any changes that may affect the processing of this application"

But when i look up on immigration website the application status still on Pending?? Can if any one can tell me if this a good news?
    Thanks

Did you had an immigration interview with your CO & recieved this email after that?

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ratthadinho View Post
    Hi i got email from immigration this morning

"This email is in regards to the above application which has been accepted for consideration under the Skilled Migrant Category (SMC), and to inform you that the application has been allocated to me as the Case Officer.
    At this stage we do not require any additional information. In the meantime, please let me know of any changes that may affect the processing of this application"

But when i look up on immigration website the application status still on Pending?? Can if any one can tell me if this a good news?
    Thanks

Hi ratthadinho,

This email is just an information for you that XXX has been assigned as a Case Officer to your application and he will start looking into your case now.

Regards,

Fraz

Hi rv1103

yes i had interview with CO at auckland brach on 21 Oct and i received this email on 20 Dec?? So is this mean i have to go through the whole thing again with nother case officer?

Cheers
    Last edited by ratthadinho; 24th December 2013 at 04:48 PM.

No, it doesn't mean that at all. If one particular CO leaves, or is moved to a different job, or office, his/her cases will be taken over by a different official. But everything that has already been done by the first CO is recorded, so the new CO will pick up from where the first one left off.

Nevertheless, in your place, I think it would be fair, and help to set your mind at rest, to reply to this new CO's email thanking him for telling you he now has your case, and asking him if he can tell you how soon he may be able to let you know the outcome of your interview with your previous CO, Mr XXX, at Auckland on 21st October. That way, you're pointing out and putting on record that you have already had your interview, so there should be no way the stage your case is at gets overlooked.

Details of where a case has got to are entered on the INZ website by different workers, not the COs, and they are quite often a bit late with what has already happened, so don't worry about the 'pending' mention.

Then most likely , as JandM pointed out, a new CO has taken over the case. Just let your new CO understand that your Interview has already been done & enquire about how long will it take for the outcome.
    Rest all from document perspective should be fine, as your interview is already done with.

Quote Originally Posted by ratthadinho View Post
    Hi rv1103

yes i had interview with CO at auckland brach on 21 Oct and i received this email on 20 Dec?? So is this mean i have to go through the whole thing again with nother case officer?

Cheers