Thread: Want to apply for PR NZ

Lightbulb Want to apply for PR NZ

Hello,

I am 5 + exp in IT - Systems administrator with Masters in computer science qualification from ASIA.
    Currently I am auckland based - on temporary work visa ( 6 months) and I am going to stay till march 2014(it may extend or might not be). I want to apply for PR. So what I would like to know is

How to apply for PR and which category of visa application is suitable for me?
    After I apply for PR if I go back to aisa, will they consider my PR application?
    Residence visa and PR are same ?

thx,

You apply first for Residence under the Skilled Migrant Category. If you have a skilled job, and the contract is for a qualifying amount of time, this may well help your application. It is possible to apply for Residence from anywhere in the world, if you have enough points for your EOI to get selected - you need 140 for immediate selection without a job offer, whereas if you have a job or job offer, you will be selected at once with only 100. All the details about applying are here and on the further links off this page. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nt/default.htm

PR is a different visa which you can qualify for, a minimum of two years after starting to live in NZ on a Residence visa. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

Thanks JandM. I have gone through the EOI points and I am getting 200+ points but anyways I will give some more trails...
    And ,
    Resident visa means it will have any conditions like 2 years etc..?

Can i work for any employer in NZ? or it will have my current employer name on residence visa?

If my residence visa is approved then how do I qualify for PR. It seems the below are feasible for me out of 5 conditions stated in given link.

1)Is that I need to stay a total of 184 days or more in each of 1 year in 2 years with job or without job?
    or
    2) as per option 2 - tax residence status, I need to stay 41 days minimum with any job( tax will be paid to IRD)

Thanks in advance.

A NZ resident has the right to work for any employer, or study paying domestic rates (though not eligible for NZ student loans till they've been in the country as a resident two years), or start a business.

If you get Residence with some of your points coming from a job or job offer, it may be granted with a Section 49(1) condition AT FIRST, saying you must work in the job mentioned for three months. Once you show INZ you have done this, you get a second visa sticker without this condition on it.

Within NZ, the Resident visa is potentially everlasting. When it is issued, two years' travel conditions come with it, allowing unlimited going and returning to the country in that time. After the two years, the travel conditions run out, and if you were outside the country, you wouldn't have permission to re-enter, so the residence would have lapsed. If you were still in NZ at that time, though, the residence would continue unchanged.

That previous page about PR tells you about all possible ways to qualify. Which you choose depends on your own situation. PR, which you can get after two years, once again gives the right to come and go freely, for ever this time.

A NZ resident has the right to work for any employer, or study paying domestic rates (though not eligible for NZ student loans till they've been in the country as a resident two years), or start a business.

If you get Residence with some of your points coming from a job or job offer, it may be granted with a Section 49(1) condition AT FIRST, saying you must work in the job mentioned for three months. Once you show INZ you have done this, you get a second visa sticker without this condition on it.

Within NZ, the Resident visa is potentially everlasting. When it is issued, two years' travel conditions come with it, allowing unlimited going and returning to the country in that time. After the two years, the travel conditions run out, and if you were outside the country, you wouldn't have permission to re-enter, so the residence would have lapsed. If you were still in NZ at that time, though, the residence would continue unchanged.

That previous page about PR tells you about all possible ways to qualify. Which you choose depends on your own situation. PR, which you can get after two years, once again gives the right to come and go freely, for ever this time.