Thread: Can support letters only mention my nickname instead of full name? And what do support letters from others need to say?

Default Can support letters only mention my nickname instead of full name? And what do support letters from others need to say?

I have written a support letter for my defacto partner before, but we never had to ask anybody else to write one for us. If we did ask someone to write a letter for us, are they allowed to only mention nicknames(Shortened name in my case) instead of full names? Like for example 'alex' instead of 'alexander'. And what do people have to mention, what are the key points? Thanks

Here http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42464 is a previous thread talking about letters of support.

There isn't only one correct way to write one of these letters. It's important that the person writes in their own words, from their personal viewpoint - this shows each friend or relative's story, as they got to know the other person of the couple. They're bound to have been at different occasions, and have found out different sides of the new partner's character, so it would look very odd if they were all saying the same thing.

If you are going to ask for a letter from somebody in the community, rather than a personal connection, who knows both of you, the same sort of thing applies - you'd want them to say how they first came to meet you both, and how they know you are a couple. A few possible examples. Your boss might say how you first brought the partner to the firm's barbecue two years ago, then he has been round for meals at your place several times since. Your landlord might say you are joint tenants, and he's dealt with either or both of you on matters concerning the property. Your doctor might say when you both signed up, giving the same address, and that he's made house calls to your shared home.

It will be fine to refer to you and your partner by whatever names they usually use, only make sure they make it clear for INZ who they're talking about. They could start off by putting a heading, such as, 'Alexander John Doe and his partner Susan Mary Watkins.' Any abbreviations for those names, such as 'Alex' and 'Sue' will then be obvious, but a more way-out nickname needs more explanation, such as, 'Tink (as we in the family call Susan) moved in with Ginger (Alex) last Christmas.'

Thanks. You're an amazing help. Added a reputation to you. You deserve it

You're welcome.