Thread: Interview Question: Did recession had any impact on you industry(Multimedia Design) in NZ, if yes how?

Default Interview Question: Did recession had any impact on you industry(Multimedia Design) in NZ, if yes how?

Hi all,
    i am preparing for the interview these days, I belong to the Multimedia Design(Film Animation) industry. One of the question that i found in common interview question was

"Did recession have any impact on you industry in NZ, if yes how?"

I could not find any useful information related to Multimedia Design in general or film animation in particular. Is there anybody here who belongs to this field and know the answer of this question?

Highly appreciated.

If I were you, I would search the jobs in this field in NZ and AUS, and that can lead to gather information useful to answer the question. Recession did effect on things, but it has been recovering with the time as well. You can start to gather the recession effects in general first and then narrow down your search specific to your field, hope you could gather the needed information.

cheers

I thought it might help to look for news of the products of the industry - these hits might give a start. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=nz+herald+film+animation

Farhan,

In general recession did affect all of the industries.
    What you can do is, to search for opportunities present currently for your occupation. Based on the numbers that you see( categorizing it as healthy or average ), you can put you answers forward.

Quote Originally Posted by farhanahmad View Post
    Hi all,
    i am preparing for the interview these days, I belong to the Multimedia Design(Film Animation) industry. One of the question that i found in common interview question was

"Did recession have any impact on you industry in NZ, if yes how?"

I could not find any useful information related to Multimedia Design in general or film animation in particular. Is there anybody here who belongs to this field and know the answer of this question?

Highly appreciated.

Recession had complex effect across all industries and its difficult to identify which particular industry it started, considering your field is specific to Multimedia/Graphics. I would take an example from Demand & Supply angle and explain how effects of recession on Marketing & Sales industry created ripples to companies that dealt with Multimedia & Graphics i.e. less projects on hand for advertisements or creativity, existing projects on-hold. Reasons to such effects in New Zealand would conceptually be no different than rest of the world, the market here is small so the effects can be seen in little to no time. Few months back I was listening to radio news where RJ mentioned that any slight changes to Fonterra is directly proportional to financial landscape of NZ.

Perhaps you can try explaining the domino effect from business to technology.

Thak you very much all of you. That had been really helpful. and am happy that my CO did not ask me any question related to recession
    Thanks all.