Thread: Query Re: Submission of Multiple Visa Applications at Once

Default Query Re: Submission of Multiple Visa Applications at Once

Woohoo!!! I've been in NZ a year now and have been living with my hubby for 12 months!! My Temporary Partnership Visa runs out in March, and my daughter's Student Visa runs out at the same time. I'm submitting our Residence Visa application, and I'm going to apply for another Temporary Partnership Visa and Student Visa at the same time. So, how do I submit them exactly? Do I have to make a folder for relationship evidence for Temp Partnership separate from the Residence relationship evidence, or do I put all of the evidence together, put all applications together, and write a covering letter saying see the evidence folder? Thanks in advance!

Congratz..i think it best to lodge an application for residence application & wait for the Immigration Officer to advice if you need to put another application to renew temp. visa you & your daughter have.....
    The best option would be to call & ask on the call center ..how to proceed with.
    Best of Luck!

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, my visa type isn't eligible for an extension without re-applying, and since mine isn't, neither is my daughter's because hers is dependent upon mine. My branch has an estimated 4 months wait for Case Officer assignment, so I know it won't be completed before our visas expire. Several others have had to reapply for Partner Visas while awaiting Permanent Visa outcome, so I'm hoping one of them will be along to chime in on their experience. NZ Immigration is like the rest of New Zealand, shut down until after the New Year...lol Plus, I'm figuring the Call Centre would give me a generic response.

I agree with Shrub Tub about asking INZ if the double application is necessary. INZ have already looked at the relationships in your family, and know they are genuine, so there's less involved than for a new application.

Anyway, if it turns out to be advisable to do the double application, I think your second option would work. When other forum members have needed to apply for a work visa because their Residence wasn't through in time, they've only ever had to point out that the evidence was already with INZ and give details of the previous application, not submit proof twice over.

Thanks! I'll give them a ring when everyone goes back to work, and I'll update here for future reference!

Just an update...I called and spoke with the Call Centre today, and she said it's going to be atleast a year to have it processed, which is not what my branch's website says. I've decided to submit it, and if it's looking like it'sgoing to not be approved before my visa expires, I'll submit another temp visa.

Good luck.