Thread: Indefinite Permanent Residency

Default Indefinite Permanent Residency

Hello,
    My travel conditions of my permanent residency are expiring on 14 January 2014. Can I go into a branch, apply for indefinite residency and pick up the sticker on 14th itself or do I need to wait for 15th? Does the sticker usually get issued right away after payment? Do I need an appointment? Can I transfer my new sticker into a new passport at the same time or are those 2 different procedures. I am a little bit under time pressure, as I am supposed to travel overseas at this time.
    Looking forward to some feedback. Thanks!

Can I go into a branch, apply for indefinite residency and pick up the sticker on 14th itself or do I need to wait for 15th?
    Yes, you can go directly to the branch on a working day and have your passport back immediately after the new stickers are fixed.

Does the sticker usually get issued right away after payment?
    Yes!

Do I need an appointment?
    No. Just walk in.

Can I transfer my new sticker into a new passport at the same time or are those 2 different procedures.
    You can get the sticker onto New Passport at the same time but from what I understood of the process (OH got it done some time back), you still end up paying for both the process.
    i.e.
    1. For PR Sticker
    2. For transfer of Visa to New Passport

Hi,

Does one need to wait for 2 full calendar years to be over? or can one walk in and get the permanent stickers once 184 days of the second year are over? for example, if we arrive in May 2014 (we get 184+ days in 2014) and then in 2015 by early July, we'll again have 184+ days... (assuming we stay in NZ and do not travel outside NZ during this time)... then can we get our permanent PR stickers in July 2015... or is it required that we must wait until 2 yrs from the date we enter?

Thanks!

You need to hold, or have held, the resident visa for at least two years continuously.
    In addition to having a current or recently expired RV for 2 years, you need to meet any other conditions of your visa and meet 1 of the 5 'Commitment to NZ' criteria.
    One of the 5 criteria is to be in NZ for 184 days in each of the prior 2 years.

Therefore you need to hold residence for 2 years.

Thanks eternalkiwi! very helpful