Thread: Suspended driving licence

Default Suspended driving licence

My driving licence got suspended for 3 months because of 100+ demerit points from different reasons. Will it affect my permanent residency file which i am going to apply in next 2 months????

I don't think unless you had any conviction or pending criminal charges court case, this should not affect your application.

wont immigration raise this issue that i am not obedient to New Zealand rules???

As shawankit said, it should not matter. Traffic violations are different from Civil or Criminal Offenses. Safe driving!

Not too sure but it will definitely need to be declared in citizenship application if you plan that route anytime in future. There is one open question through Permanent Residency form which states if INZ needs to know anything that could impact your application process - not sure if this fits in there.

Together with the demerit points, did you receive any proceedings letter from NZTA? We all of these demerits only related to speed or serious ones like drink driving etc?

Stay Safe & Be Safe :nice