Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Processing Times - SMC Resident Visa

Default My Processing Times - SMC Resident Visa

Hi everyone! Merry X-mas and Happy 2014. Just last month I got my resident visa, what a way to end the year

First of all I would like to thank this forum for all the information provided which helped me get through my immigration process.

I know that processign times in each case varies but I also know how it can help someone get through the process by comparing cases and getting an idea of what the process is like. This is the reason why I decided to share my processing times:

-Online EOI submited first week of June.

-EOI selceted 12 June

-ITA pack received begining July

-ITA pack submitted August 9th. Branch: Auckland Queen Street Branch

-Case officer assigned November 6th. Officer contacted me through email and phone

-Online Status Changed to APPROVED December 17th

-Next day I received an email with payment instruction for the migrant levy fee. I printed email and submited the payment the same day along with my passport.

-On the 20th of December I received my passport with my new resident visa. Without any conditions, just the normal travel conditions.

Extra information:
    When I applied I was on a work visa. I already held a skilled job, which is why I think I did not get any conditions.

Please fell free to reply if you want any info

cheers!

congratulations

Dear Honduran

Thank you very much for sharing time line. I want to know Case officer contacted you on phone what did he inquired about?

and very important question what was your work visa expiry? before getting resident visa
    is case officer contacted your employer?
    How was your case officer good person? heheheheh
    Your answers will be much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto carlos View Post
    Dear Honduran

Thank you very much for sharing time line. I want to know Case officer contacted you on phone what did he inquired about?

and very important question what was your work visa expiry? before getting resident visa
    is case officer contacted your employer?
    How was your case officer good person? heheheheh
    Your answers will be much appreciated
    Hola Roberto,

First time the CO contacted me over the phone it was just to introduce herself. She was nice and professional all the way and always attended my enquiries over the phone or email, vrry prompt.

The only thing is she went really by the book. She wasn't entirely convinced with my job description so she scheduled a phone interview with me to ask me about my job, she mostly based her questions on the Anzsco job description.

She also contacted my employer to get more evidence such as organizational charts, a more detailed job description, if I worked full time, etc.

Only after she was convinced with all info provided my case was resolved

ps, i started the process in June 2013 and my work visa was expiring May 2014 so I had plenty of time

Honduran

You are the man, because I also submitted my application in Auckland Branch. Any thing which you will recommend me? which you feel when you were dealing with CO? any suggestion will be highly appreciated
    Thanks once again

Hi, thanks for the timescales. My husband arrived here in May 2013 on a 1 year work visa, and I strived in July. We then submitted our application in August for residency, the. At the beginning of December my husband had a call from immigration but not a case officer, he also wanted more information, bank statements, IRD documents and asked lots of questions snout mum husbands job and Also contacted his employer. At the beginning of January my husband emailed the person at immigration and was told that all our paperwork had been passed to Henderson office to be allocated a case officer. So hopefully we will heard something soon as the work permit expires in May.

Just wanted yo share our experience so far.

Thsnks

Hi, finally got a CO assigned on Friday & she contacted my husbands manager to see if his work contract was still the same, but she has not contacted us yet, not sure if this is good or bad? Hopefully we will hear something soon, all the waiting is frustrating.

Default thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Honduran View Post
    Hi everyone! Merry X-mas and Happy 2014. Just last month I got my resident visa, what a way to end the year

First of all I would like to thank this forum for all the information provided which helped me get through my immigration process.

I know that processign times in each case varies but I also know how it can help someone get through the process by comparing cases and getting an idea of what the process is like. This is the reason why I decided to share my processing times:

-Online EOI submited first week of June.

-EOI selceted 12 June

-ITA pack received begining July

-ITA pack submitted August 9th. Branch: Auckland Queen Street Branch

-Case officer assigned November 6th. Officer contacted me through email and phone

-Online Status Changed to APPROVED December 17th

-Next day I received an email with payment instruction for the migrant levy fee. I printed email and submited the payment the same day along with my passport.

-On the 20th of December I received my passport with my new resident visa. Without any conditions, just the normal travel conditions.

Extra information:
    When I applied I was on a work visa. I already held a skilled job, which is why I think I did not get any conditions.

Please fell free to reply if you want any info

cheers!
    Thank you so much for sharing!

As you say we know every case is different but it helps so much!

I have a question:
    You said your CO contacted you just to introduced her/himself. and 5 weeks latetr you had your residence approved.
    Did your employer has been contacted in the meantime?
    In which branch was treated your application?

In my case:

ITA lodge on 1st Nov 2013.
    CO emailed to introduced herself on 12th April 2012.

Since I emailed her to ask her if my husband and I should lodge a new work visa application because our actual visa will expire early May and she advice us to do so as a decision on the residency wouldn't be made before then.

Since then (14 days) I don't have any news, neither my emplyer who hadn't been contacted yet.

I read in different forum that most of people had been contacted by CO the same day their employer had received a emailed for employment verification. Did it happen to you too?

We have lodged an application to renew our work visa a week ago now. They just send us an interim visa while they take the decision, too. So now I have 2 pending visas on line..

congrats ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast