Thread: birthing pool

Default birthing pool

Trying to plan ahead and wondering if itwould be more economical to bring a birthing pool with us or hire one when we need it. I can get a new one here in the uk from around £90 gbp or second hand from around £30 gbp. Can't really find much hire prices around Auckland.
    Thanks jenny

Quote Originally Posted by JennyG View Post
    Trying to plan ahead and wondering if itwould be more economical to bring a birthing pool with us or hire one when we need it. I can get a new one here in the uk from around £90 gbp or second hand from around £30 gbp. Can't really find much hire prices around Auckland.
    Thanks jenny
    Add this to the list of things that are more expensive in NZ: http://www.babyonthemove.co.nz/Natur...ionalBirthPool

$120 to rent +$65 for a liner + bond. Most of the birthing centres should have them if an at home birth is not a requirement. I see cheaper places in Christchurch, but they're still over a hundred dollars just to hire.

NB One of the differences between Hawaii and New Zealand: On a Hawaii forum, questions aboout water births (or dolphin assisted births) are always associated with trolls. That is not the case on a New Zealand forum.

Default Birth Pool Hire

Quote Originally Posted by JennyG View Post
    Thanks jenny
    Hi Jenny, you can find new zealand birth pools for hire or for sale here at http://www.wondermum.co.nz
    The hire age is $130 for 4 weeks and includes a liner. They have the La Bassine birth pool and also the birth pool in a box. Baby on the move does not seem to hire out the pools any longer. Hope this helps!