Thread: IT Certifications

Default IT Certifications

Hi All

I am looking at the points required to immigrate to New Zealand (lovely place).

My question is this ,are IT industry certifications a source of getting points in the qualification process ,I dont have a degree but have a MCSE and a CCNA as well as a couple of other qualifications like VCP .

Can anyone shed any light on whether I would get points for this ?

Thanks
    Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by clinton View Post
    Hi All

My question is this ,are IT industry certifications a source of getting points in the qualification process ,I dont have a degree but have a MCSE and a CCNA as well as a couple of other qualifications like VCP .

Thanks
    Clint.
    hi Clint,

As per NZ immigration official website you can claim like this:
    Qualifications
    40 points: recognised level 4-6 qualification (e.g. trade qualification, diploma)
    50 points: recognised level 7 or 8 qualification (e.g. bachelor degree, bachelor degree with honours)
    60 points: recognised level 9 or 10 post-graduate qualification (masters degree, doctorate)

I think your certifications would come under this section [40 points: recognised level 4-6 qualification (e.g. trade qualification, diploma)]

best of luck

Parus

Quote Originally Posted by clinton View Post
    Hi All

Thanks
    Clint.
    No, sorry but these certificates won't get you the points.

You need the degree

yeah i also don't think these certifications are of any use for gaining points for NZ immigration. Degrees are must.

Hi. At this time, vendor certification in IT does not get you points. However, it can mean that you meet the criteria specified on ANZSCO - depending on the exact occupation. For some IT jobs, a number of years' experience can substitute for the qualification. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi. At this time, vendor certification in IT does not get you points. However, it can mean that you meet the criteria specified on ANZSCO - depending on the exact occupation. For some IT jobs, a number of years' experience can substitute for the qualification. Hope this helps!
    Hi Karen,

I have 10+ experience in IT industry as senior engineer. Will I get absolute skilled shortage area bonus points, if I hold MCSE which was gained in 2008.

Thanks,
    nzdreamer.

Quote Originally Posted by nzdream46 View Post
    Hi Karen,

I have 10+ experience in IT industry as senior engineer. Will I get absolute skilled shortage area bonus points, if I hold MCSE which was gained in 2008.

Thanks,
    nzdreamer.
    Hi there,

If you are holding a degree which is related to your work experience a bonus points will be awarded to you. MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer ( someone who has passed exams about the Microsoft Windows operating system, related desktop systems, networking, etc.) Those CCNA, CCIE, etc are only a plus if you are applying a job in NZ.

Regards,