Thread: LPG gas bottle supplier costs

Question LPG gas bottle supplier costs

Hi everyone,

just got off the phone with Rockgas and am annoyed as hell (have to go back and re-read my own comment about incompetent services to calm down). The story is, we subscribed for LPG gas since we were already on Contact electricity supply contract as they were advertising the so-called 12% DualEnergy discount. Turns out in reality it doesn't make a difference if we have gas with them or not as this discount cannot be combined with the 22% online prompt payment discount which you have with electricity by default. Moreover, we just got a 'facility fee' (i.e. equipment rental fee) invoice which is $5/bottle per month. We weren't told about this when we signed up. I refuse to support businesses that don't disclose all the info clearly. Based on these amounts there's no way gas is cheaper than electricity (at least in our case)!

And since I cannot find any pricing whatsoever on any of the suppliers websites, I'm curious who you're with and what your costs per bottle are plus do you pay for any setup/connection/facility fess and how much?

Any comments regarding costs and your experience are appreciated.

We are with Genesis and pay hmm about $98 per bottle. We just call up (has a rotten indicator so I often have to tap the bottles and guess if we need a refill) when we want one and specify one or two bottles. I haven't noticed any surcharges for bottle rental or anything, though we did have to pay a deposit to get the bottles in the first place.

Thanks for that, Becky. I wonder if gas companies do removal of empty bottles without replacing them with filled ones...? I'm thinking we'd use one up and have it picked up to avoid paying the double fee since only one is used at the time and as you say one can estimate when it needs a refill.