Thread: Police clearance certificate- clarification

Default Police clearance certificate- clarification

Kia Ora,

Need small clarification I am staying in UK from 2012 to till date if i get
    police clearance certificate from UK local police station will that be
    enough to support my good character to apply for ITA or do i need to
    get the police clearance certificate from both India high commision and UK police ?

Thanks

Hi. Exactly what you need depends on the visa for which you are applying. For a residence visa you will need a police check form your country/ies of citizenship and form any country in which you have lived for more than 12 months in the last 10 years. For a work visa that is for more than 24 months, it's still the citizenship one(s) plus from any country in which you have lived for 5 or more years since the age of 17. The UK one is downloadable - it is not obtainable form the nearest police station. It costs £45 and takes 8 - 10 days. here's the link http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx. Hope this helps!

Hi Karen,

i am applying for nz permanent residence visa without job offer as you specified i need to get police clearance certificate from my home country and UK am i right , confirm me

You are right

Quote Originally Posted by prasad View Post
    Hi Karen,

i am applying for nz permanent residence visa without job offer as you specified i need to get police clearance certificate from my home country and UK am i right , confirm me

Yes - you are right. Just a note - important to get your terminology correct... you are applying for residence. Permanent residence comes two years further down the track!