Thread: eligibility of PR with contract job

Default eligibility of PR with contract job

Hi there,
    Just wanted to know the eligibility/out come of pr application for those who has contract job for < 1 year in NZ. But employment is under long term short skills?

Hi, am in the same situation as you. Do you have an update?

As the link provided by JandM suggests, less than a year's contract job doesn't really fulfill the requirements, and even if you managed to get one, it is equally important to prove your contract history.

I had gone through that stage. My immigration advisor wasn't willing to initiate my case when I had 1 yr NZ contracting history and 2 yr contract with possibility of extension. He had cases before put forward with relatively no contract history and it was in progress for years. So he asked me to give it some time so to satisfy the contract history point.

I finally lodged my case November last year when my advisor was happy with it and it had already been 2+ years of contract work in NZ. I work in IT sector. My case is currently in progress..

Hi,
    Thank you for sharing. This is the kind of answer I was expecting. Now am sure my contract job is not skilled because I don't have any contracting history and the possibility of it going permanent is not written black on white on paper, its just verbal. I was impatient to apply but I realised that I should wait until the job goes permanent. But I think I have a plan B . All the best to you sandeep.

Got confirmation today that my residence application was approved..

Application Lodged: November 2013