Thread: Restriction for Pregnant ladies on Arrival

Default Restriction for Pregnant ladies on Arrival

Hi Friends,

Well I checked some posts but didn't find any suitable thread to post my question.

We've got residency approval under SMC and I've JO as well, my employer cannot wait much for me to join in. Wife will be 8+ months pregnant till stickers are going to be on our passports. She is in very good health condition. To get permission from airline is not a big deal.

Probably I'll not move before delivery, just want to know if there is any restriction for pregnant ladies, for example: 7+ months are not allowed to enter by immigration authorities, to not to burden health care system.

Thank you.

Cheers and have nice weekend.

Default travel

Air lines would not allow to travel with pregnancy of 7+ months. But you need to check for this first whether air lines would allow.

The safe option would be to get the extension in joining date or if possible travel alone , join the job, get some days off, and then come back to get your wife and new born .

best regards
    Last edited by nz_crick; 12th January 2014 at 06:49 AM.

Your wife would be VERY unlikely to be allowed to fly that late on in her pregnancy - that is, the airline would not take her on board.

If she were in the country, there would be no problem getting care in NZ, since, as a Residence holder, your wife will entitled to full pregnancy and maternity care.

thanks JandM and nz_crick, well Uzbekistan airlines allowing to travel till 35 weeks, but from Bangkok (Thai airways) and Kuala lumpur (Malaysian airways), there are certain restrictions (7+ months / 35 week but with max 4 hours flight).
    I hope employer is going to agree. We are planning to come Auckland in August, with visitor visa of new born.
    BR, Yasir