Thread: SMC Help with Supply and Distribution Manager (133611)

Default SMC Help with Supply and Distribution Manager (133611)

Dear all,

Please kindly advise regarding the following inquiry.

I would like to submit my EOI but as of now without a job offer I can only accumulate 130 points.

However, I have some questions regarding my skill assessment under the absolute skills shortage list.

Regarding the following profession (Supply and Distribution Manager (133611)), what are the requirements since I am having a hard time trying to understand them.

As of now, I am a supply and distribution manager for a Japanese company located in the US. What is the minimum of years required in order to quality for this particular skill?

I thank you for your help.

Best regards

The LTSSL listing and the requirements for bonus points for absolute skill shortage are the same.
    A minimum of five years' relevant work experience AND the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply's (CIPS) (Level 6) Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply
    You can find full details of the exact requirements for all possible points here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm

Dear JandM,

Thank you kindly for your reply.

Does that mean I would have to hold a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Supply and Distribution Manager and have a Level 6 qualification or above?

I have a bachelor degree in Anthropology and my working experience is less than 5 years as a Supply and Distribution Manager.

Am I reading this correctly?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Odranoel View Post
    Does that mean I would have to hold a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Supply and Distribution Manager and have a Level 6 qualification or above?

I have a bachelor degree in Anthropology and my working experience is less than 5 years as a Supply and Distribution Manager.

Am I reading this correctly?
    In order to claim those points, under LTSSL and for absolute skill shortage, yes. And the Level 6 qualification would have to be in purchasing and supply, to be equivalent to the NZ qualification mentioned.

However, if you get a job offer from a NZ employer once you have five years' experience, you could get your offer recognized as skilled employment under the terms of SM7.10.1 b. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46411.htm

JandM,

Thank you kindly for helping me understand these INZ requirements.

Best regards,