Thread: Find a Job after graduated. Please give suggestion.

Question Find a Job after graduated. Please give suggestion.

Hi All,

Straight to the point.
    I'm finished my diploma lvl 6 Web Development last year on december (1 year course). And ATM I'm doing internship for company for 400hrs till the end of january.
    Me and my boss had a meeting today, and he told me that he doesn't have full time job role for next year for me. I'm stoked and sad, because I'm hopping that he will hire me after the internship is finish.
    My student visa will expired on march 2014, so doesn't have much time. I've been in NZ for a year (January 2013 - January 2014).
    I already applying for a job for some company but hasn't heard back form them.
    I have work experience for 2 years as a Web Developer back in my country.

I'm asking for suggestion or feedback what can I do to get a job in NZ? or is there any visa that I can apply for give me more time to find a job?

Regard,
    Seno

I was able to apply for a Graduate Work Visa after my studies were finished. It is an open work visa that lasts for a year and gives you plenty of time to find a job.

I don't know if it applies to lvl 6 courses but you could definitely find out. Enquire at your university student helpdesk.

Quote Originally Posted by melange View Post
    I was able to apply for a Graduate Work Visa after my studies were finished. It is an open work visa that lasts for a year and gives you plenty of time to find a job.

I don't know if it applies to lvl 6 courses but you could definitely find out. Enquire at your university student helpdesk.
    Hi melange! thanks for the feedback!
    what level is your course or study when you apply for the open work visa? THanks!