Thread: Full Educational Assesment of SPOUSE for NZ Skilled migrant scheme- clarification

Default Full Educational Assesment of SPOUSE for NZ Skilled migrant scheme- clarification

, I need below clarification of full assesment of spouse for NZ skilled migrant scheme

my wife completed pre-assesment of her education qualification in last month dec 2013, does she also has to apply for full assesment of education for NZQA for ITA ? even though she is not primary applicant for skilled migrant scheme, but i have claimed points of her education while applying for skilled migrant scheme based on preassesment report by NZQA.

Thanks

As you are claiming points for her qualification, it will be necessary to get the IQA done (the full assessment).

will they won't preassessment report one for IQA again why should i go for full assessment for IQA ? clarify me

Quote Originally Posted by prasad View Post
    will they won't preassessment report one for IQA again why should i go for full assessment for IQA ? clarify me
    As JandM says above, a full IQA is needed at the ITA stage. PAR is only good for EOI. The only exception is if the qualification appears on the list of qualifications exempt from assessment.

PAR is only based on the name of the qualification, so it's a rough guess. It's only really of use to people who have no idea whatever if they are likely to be entitled to points or a visa. It can be quite far wrong in some cases, if the foreign college's name for the qualification sounds like a New Zealand course, but the content is very different.

IQA is done by an in-depth look at the subject matter of the course, the time spent and the depth to which it was studied, and the applicant's results. Then, based on all that, NZQA tell a Level, and (if any) the NZ qualification to which the foreign one is most nearly equivalent.