Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residence Visa for New Born Baby

Default Residence Visa for New Born Baby

Hi,

We are expecting our baby next month. Both of us have our Residence Visa Approved in Principle.
    Appreciate if folks here can throw some light on how to go about with our baby when we move to NZ.

Thanks!

I assume the baby will be born in your home country. If this happens before you have got your visas in your passports, you may be able to add him/her to your application - this would mean getting the baby a passport, and sending that with the birth certificate to your CO, then s/he would have Residence just like you. You can ask the CO in advance if this will be possible.

If the CO says it is too late to do this, you would have to take him/her to NZ on a visitor's visa, then, once in NZ, sponsor him/her for Residence as the dependent child of a Resident. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ld/default.htm

Thanks JandM.

Yes, our baby is due next month & will be delivered in our home country.
    Getting the new born's passport & other medical documents might take few months as i believe there is atleast few months wait time before passport can be applied for.

In the meantime, as our Residence has been approved , can we get the VISA stamped on both of our passports & then take our baby's visa when passport/document is ready.

I've posted the question to CO & awaiting a reply.

Appreciate if any one in a similar situation or knowledge can respond.

Like I said, the CO will tell you what is possible about adding your baby to your existing application. It will probably depend on exactly where s/he has got to with the paperwork, so nobody else can predict the answer.

But even if s/he says no, don't worry, because it can all be sorted out with the other plan I mentioned second.

Congratz for the baby!

If you have been approved but the visa's are not issued yet, then you can add the baby to the application.

However, if you have the visa's pasted on ur passport, it will close ur application & will not enable u to add the baby in ur application.

The cost of applying residency for the baby at a later stage if much high than to wait until the passport for the baby is delivered & is added to ur application (which is free) & then u can proceed along with the baby.

It all depends like JandM said if ur CO allows you so.

Thanks JandM / Shrub.
    I think it will be better for us to wait for our baby's passport/papers to be ready & get all of our Visa's stamped together.

Above Suggestion is much appreciated!

Hi,

just adding info here what I received info from CO:

Re adding new baby. If you have not had your visas issued or you have had them issued but not activated them yet (by going to NZ), then a new baby can be added to the current application.

We would require the following documentation please:

Full birth certificate – showing parent’s names
    Passport
    Completed child section of the application form
    Medical from a Panel Doctor (only some parts of the medical are required for children).
    Migrant levy fee of £80 to be added to migrant levy fee already quoted.

Cheers and take care.

Thanks Shmyasir for this information.

Even my CO did inform us that a medical certificate is required from one of the Panel doctors for new born baby.
    I was wondering do we use the same medical form that is used by INZ for adults or is it some kind of other form?
    Also, the sections of medical form required for new born baby is decided by whom - the doctor or INZ?

There is a handbook for medical examiners, issued by INZ, which tells the doctor what is needed in the case of a baby. Babies do not routinely have to have an X-ray or blood tests.

i have new addition in my family " my new babay gril". my application is in process, and my visa not stamped yet. how can i add my baby to my application?

I have her passport/ birth certificate ready. Is she required to go under medical examination?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast