Apologies, I originally posted this in vacancies section.

Hello All!

I have enjoyed reading this forum and found it very insightful and quite inspirational!
A little bit of background about us may help you kind folk answer my question! OH and I travelled around New Zealand a few years ago and fell in love with the country etc. Made an ambitious plan to return and live permanently one day. I’ve since completed a degree in nursing back here in the UK and am about to begin my first job. Realistically I will need a minimum of two or three years experience so this is not something that will happen overnight.
My OH is a farmer, born and raised! He has also done gardening and maintenance work but has no professional qualifications. He would love any sort of practical work eg. farming, DOC, conservation, pest control etc.

So I have two questions:
-In a nation where the male population seem to be fully competent handy men, what work opportunities do you think may exist?
-Is anybody aware of practical qualifications or certificates that may be well regarded or helpful as he would happily work towards something here in the UK?

Would be really grateful for any information or suggestions people have.

Many thanks