Thread: Work visa for my wife while I study?

Default Work visa for my wife while I study?

I received a Conditional Offer of Place from Lincoln University today and as soon as I get the actual Offer of Place (I had to fedex the hard copy of my transcripts this afternoon) I'll be applying for my student visa. I'm soon retiring from the military (age 43), I'm married to a beautiful woman and we have two adorable children. I have read the NZ immigration website from top to bottom and I am quite familiar with the student visa application process. I also read that spouses of postgraduate students may apply for a work visa but this allowance (inconveniently) doesn't apply to spouses of undergraduate students.

Here's my question: Does anyone know of a provision or exception for the "mature" spouse of an undergraduate student to successfully apply for a work visa? My wife is 37, holds a bachelors degree with a focus in graphic design and she's an EMT here in Virginia Beach.

If she can't get a work visa I'll have to abandon my pursuit of a Kiwi degree. We simply couldn't live off my meager military pension. Thank you in advance for your insights.

-Bob

It's not only postgrads' partners who can get a visa, but it depends on what degree you are doing - see here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46524.htm