Thread: Help -work permit/residency problems

Default Help -work permit/residency problems

Hi, I'm looking for some help. My husband and I are in NZ on a 1 year work permit. We have applied for residency, waiting for a case officer and have been told they have everything they need. However, it looks like my husband is going to be made redundant from his job. If this happens can we stay in NZ whilst he looks for another job? And if so for how long? And how will this affect our residence visa? We are British citizens. Not sure if that makes any difference?

Hi Joshaw,

I feel bad about the situation, Please get this link for more about your situation http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1198

As per the INZ you should secure another job and apply for new work visa before the expiry of current job other wise you will be in very critical situation. So please try to secure another job/offer for your husband. And if you are claimed point for your current employment for Residency application, you should remain in the same status (may be in current job or other onging job/offer) other wise you may loose those points.

*This info not intend for migration advice*
    Last edited by barathiraja; 21st January 2014 at 07:22 PM.

Hi, thanks for your quick response. My husband has got an interview next week for a new role. So I hope all goes well. I guess worst case scenario we can stay on a visitor visa whilst looking for another job? Also how will this affect our application for residency?
    Thanks in advance

If you have claimed points for job/offer in you residency application then you must be in same job or other or you must have valid job offer. In which category are you applied for Residency Visa ?

Yes we have claimed points for my husbands job.