Thread: what is the criteria for allocating case officer in SMC residence application?

Default what is the criteria for allocating case officer in SMC residence application?

Hello All

I am very keen to know that what's the criteria for allocation of case officer for SMC residence application?

Is it based on lodgement date? then does INZ has any record of the below situation?
    FOR EXAMPLE: Both cases having same situation and same priority
    if MR X lodged application on 16 December and he gets a case officer on 16 March while MR Y lodged application on 25 December and he doesn't gets case officer. Can INZ inform MR Y that you are number 2,3,4..... in queue? and if they don't inform, why they don't want to inform that person?

I really want to know what is the magical and secret criteria for allocation of case officer? please reply me with authentic info

Thanks
    Last edited by Roberto carlos; 21st January 2014 at 07:39 PM.

Criteria? - none officially stated, except lodgement date and time within that jurisdiction. The situation works like this.
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....979#post455979

Within the system, there is no validity to comparisons between one person's processing and another's. People often want to try, but there's no point.

No, INZ won't tell Mr Y he's at the nth place in the queue. Why not? Come on... if you were INZ, would you pay your workers to go and find ONE file among the hundreds being dealt with, then count where it is? (Especially since Mr Y would then be encouraged to come back with more questions - I'm 51st? How fast is the queue moving? How difficult are the cases in front of mine going to be, so how long till it's my turn? The COs who might get my case, are they in good health or are they likely to be taking sick leave? How's their holiday entitlement running?) INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on.

Magical and secret? Okay... you get up at dawn when there has been a full moon, you climb the nearest mountain, and do a headstand in the dew. Then you sing:
    INZ, INZ, I am standing on my head.
    Kindly let me jump the queue - that's the wish I make to you.
    When I get back down below, I must hear from my CO.

And if you manage to hop home, backwards, without falling over, MAYBE the spell will work!

Well say. It's nice to understand this point!

Dear JandM

I always wanted to disagree with you at any point, but yet again I agree with your logical explanation . I like your last part of your answer magical spell heheheheheh
    Thanks

awesome reply JandM....hats off to u mate...u r legend