Thread: Migrating to NZ in April '14 - Looking for IT Opportunity - Having 9 + Java/J2EE experience

Default Migrating to NZ in April '14 - Looking for IT Opportunity - Having 9 + Java/J2EE experience

Hello Everyone,

We are planning to reach NZ in the month of April'14 and seeking job in IT field. Having 9+ years of experience in Java/J2EE development (Servlets, Struts, Hibernate,Spring, JSP etc) and Resident visa. Please share some recruiters contacts / companies where we can apply.

Tickets has been booked and looking forward for new journey !!! :-)

Best Regards !

HI Nicks,

Congrats and all the best!!

I am preparing for the submittion of the IQA shortly.. by next week... will have more clarifications but i see your processing time took almost 1.5 yrs..

Great Naveen ! All the Best...

Anyone can share the contacts or suggest the way to get good opportunity in Auckland area as per my experience.

Regards !

I suggest all new job seekers from overseas to apply directly to companies or through employee referrals, if the positions are advertised on their website or job portals such as SEEK. Companies would prefer direct applicants, as it shows that candidate is interested in working for them and they can avoid paying recruiter's cut.

Please PM me if you are looking for a job in IT, I work at a large IT company and can forward your CV directly to the right people!

Best way for me to find a job is via LinkedIn. I just connected everyone that was in the same area as me and found a job! It was better for me than through job search sites, recruiters, etc.
    Last edited by boland; 5th March 2014 at 07:20 PM.

Hi guys,

I have similar working experience as Nick.

I have arrived in Auckland last week and hold a SMC job search visa. As I read a couple of bad news in this forum about no local working experience, being a Asian and no resident visa, I feel a little bit daunting and wonder how difficult for me to secure a job related to java developers at this period?

I have already applied for a couple of jobs on seek and trademe and contacted a few of agencies. Looks like the feedback is not that promising.

Anyone can share some wise suggestions? Much appreciated!

Hey Nicks,

Congratulations.

Me and my family (wife and 4 yr old daughter) too got Resident Visa approved this April. We are looking to wrap up things here and land by July'14.

I hope you and your family have landed at Auckland and settling down well.

Would be great if you share your initial experience, and wishing you get a job soon!

All the best!

- AR

Default Hi Boland

Hi Boland,

Please gimme your mail ID. i am relocating to NZ Christchurch on a student visa and my wife is Computer science engineer. She wis getting working visa. Need to find job for her. Please suggest some if you can.

Reagrds
    Mayank

Hello, Luckyone.

Make five posts on any thread (one word posts here will do if there aren't other comments you want to make), and then the forum will automatically (in 20 minutes or so) switch on your ability to Private Message to get anyone else's contact details. You click on someone's username over one of their posts, and PMing will be one of the optionis in the drop-down box.