Thread: What (documents) helps to support Work Visa application?

Question What (documents) helps to support Work Visa application?

Hello everyone.

I am just about apply for my work visa.
    I got my job offer and all the documents needed, the only thing I am still in process of getting my qualification needed for my work (attending and completing the courses atm, will take few months though), do you have any experience with not having qualification yet when applying for the visa, but working on it as a part of the job? Does it affect the application somehow?

But the main question why I made this topic is:
    Are there some other documents that are helpful for the process? Like proof of voluntary work (not related to my official job), and some charity things I have been doing? Or do the immigration not really care?
    Any idea and experience will be helpful

Thank you

HI. If you are applying for an Essential Skills Work Visa you need to meet the ANZSCO requirements for the occupation. Sometimes, this says "X qualification" OR "N years of relevant work experience. Sometimes you need both. If the qualification is essential, I don't think that any documents will help get you a work visa before you have it. If you tell me the title of the job you have been offered, I can tell you exactly what you need to get the work visa. Cheers. Karen

Its a fitness personal trainer

Thank you Karen

Hi. This would appear to be ANZSCO 452111, for which, if you don't have a NZ qualification, it says, "At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification." Just be aware that this is considered a Level 4 skill which means you won't be able to get residence later based on t this job - you will need to get promoted to something like 149112 or 149113 - Fitness or Sports centre manager - these are considered level 2 Skills. Hope this helps. Karen

Thank you so much. This helps quite a lot, but still If I only have half year of experience and currently working on my qualification, do you think its a big NO?

not sure about this... just cant remember where i read it..

if you have job offer, i dont think you need to assess your qualification on NZQA. but its a plus if qualification has been assessed by NZQA.

if you do not have job offer, process your qualification on NZQA.

It depends on what the job is and what kind of work visa the person is applying for, so it's not quite as cut and dried as what you're half remembering.

fluffyunicorn, what kind of visa are you applying for?

Hi Fluffy unicorn. I believe you are looking for an Essential Skills Work visa as Fitness trainer. As you give your location as NZ, I am guessing this is a NZ qualification, but I might be wrong of course. Once you have achieved it, you should be fine, so long as your qualification is a "NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification" that is a Level 2 or Level 3 certificate. If you are outside NZ, please confirm what qualification you are completing. If in NZ, does your student visa allow you to work while you study? if so, maybe you could work part-time until you qualify? My guess is that your visa is not for a long enough period to allow you to work, but this was just a thought. Please clarify. karen

Hello Karen and JandM. Thank you so much for the replies.

I am applying for working visa under Essential Skills Work as a Personal Trainer, and its certificate supposed to be around Level 3 I dont know where to make sure though.
    I am on my working holiday visa atm, course will last till July-August. And my visa expires in April. Thats why I cant get my certification before getting the work visa. and I am not allowed to get a study visa unless i am a full time student.
    I am working, allowed to study up for 6 months if my employer lets me to study and work part time.

thank you so much for your helpful informations