Thread: Where to start?!Help!!

Default Where to start?!Help!!

Hi, hope this is in the right thread.

As I've mentioned in 'intro' thread - hubby & I starting our NZ journey 'seriously' this year (gulp!).

We're thinking that the first step is to get our professional registrations in place before even submitting an EOI - so am guessing that others have done this too?
    (Hubby is electrician & also qualified diesel fitter & I'm a midwife).

we're also planning to re look at the points calculator to see what best route is for main applicant, hubby would be ahead on points for experience but down a little on age, whereas I'd have more for age but probably lose on experience!

Other than this starting point we're going round in circles as to best way to proceed! Get regs & apply for jobs? (if there are any where we want to be!), do EOI anyway (after regs.)?

From points perspective, job offers would be best so as to get the points in the first place! I guess I'm a little apprehensive as to how the time scales would work if applied & got jobs ( may be overly optimistic but trying to think of all scenarios!).
    Maybe I'm overthinking things like when would we sell house etc. But since we've made our 'final' decision we feel at a loss of how to go about it!

Any help/ideas/perspectives will be very gratefully received!

I remember coming across a thread from Dave http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35909
    (but the images he documented seem to be missing), while we get JandM's expert advice have a look at below thread for a start

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28316

Here we go - this is the repost of the flow-chart. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....127#post469127

It's probably best if you digest the chart and that thread, and then ask about any particular questions that crop up.

Thanks JandM, you are champion!!

That thread is like gem of information for anyone starting on the PR journey.

Thanks very much JandM & Sun777, I will indeed 'digest' the flow chart - very professional!
    I guess there are no easy answers as everyone's experience is different.

I'm just trying to get my head around all the 'things' to do!

(OK tried to post, think forum playing up - have feeling this will post twice as error message stating have to wait 45 seconds between posts, but I havent posted anything!)

You may be right about the forum playing silly devils - I've removed your extra post, though, so we'll see how it goes.