Thread: Why my SMC application is transferred to MBIE?

Default Why my SMC application is transferred to MBIE?

Dear All

I am wondering why my application is transferred to MBIE?

I received an email in which it was mentioned that they received my application on 31st Jan 2014 they don't need any further information and my application is in queue pending allocation it will take 10-12 weeks to allot a case officer

this was the email which I received from them. why they said they received it now although my application was lodged on 12 th December 2013?

is this normal application transfered from Auckland city branch to MBIE?

Will wait for reply

Thanks

It is normal for applications to be moved from one office dealing with immigration matters to another, within NZ, to help with any backlog that may have arisen in one particular place. So it sounds as though Auckland may have got a lot of cases at the moment, and some have been moved on - they're just telling you yours has arrived at MBIE.

Thanks JandM

sounds good to me both offices in same building heheheheh

Cheers

I understand applications in Auckland are received at a central office where the initial checks (completeness etc) are completed before being transferred to an Immigration NZ Office/Branch for processing/decision. This could be why there was a 2-3 week delay.

Immigration NZ is a group or division within MBIE (Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment), so you application is still with INZ. MBIE is just the umbrella government agency INZ is part of.

Hello Eternalkiwi

I couldn't understand your 2-3 weeks delay. I sent my application to documentation office in 11th December and o 12th December they forwarded to Auckland branch so from 12th December till 31st January they took time to send to MBIE office which is not 2- 3 weeks delay furthermore they informd me to assign a case officer can also take 10-13 weeks more.
    Thanks