Thread: hubby not sure???

Default hubby not sure???

hi,can anyone help?? my husband is a qaulified car machanic,has been for over 30yrs,he is 56(just)now and is not sure if his age will put of possible emplyment also will his qaulification be reconised?.anyone with info would be so gratfull thanks....he went straight frm school way back in the day,finshed in the top 10 in the uk and has been a qaulifed machanic since,there seems to be alot of jobs back home in his feild and im sooo wanting to move back but he feeling reluctint due to what i mentiond above...

Your husband will be eligible for partner-sponsored Residence, and for that, there's no age-limit, and no need for qualifications to be checked out, because the ONLY proof required is of your partnership. Then he can take any job he's offered.

A British friend of my son's who is a qualified and experienced mechanic in his late 40s did a recce trip quite recently, and people were very keen to have him. People don't seem to have big hang-ups about taking on an older worker.

Thank you JandM for your reply,,wasnt to worried about the visa,if im right?? he should get PR straight away as we have been married for 9yrs this november out of nz,is this correct? when we apply for the partner-sponsored Residence will they change it to PR?? as for his qualification will this be reconised in nz and no need to re-train as some other people need to as in nurses/electrictions etc?? we were hm for xmas as it was mums 70ith,we spent 3 and a half wks there,looked round a town a really love as does my husband.Pukekohe..he poped into possum bourne rally qauters to intiduce himself as he worked with subaru world rally team(Pro-Drive) for 8yrs and b4 that other private teams also done several yrs in a main dealership.loyds BMW as senior machanic,he dosnt like job jumping..He was in there for an hr being showed around and they swaped buissnes cards,he has been running his own garage over here for the last 8yrs but we have had enough of the hassle with owning our own,we want to de-stress as in have wk ends togeather,work sensible hrs,if u know what i mean! but dont get me wrong malcolm is an old school grafter and dosnt mind working for other people..im rambling now so ile stop

You're right - as you can show more than five years partnership abroad, he should get PR directly.

NZ doesn't have a national body overseeing mechanics. Since he'll already have a visa, if an employer is happy with him, he's away.

My husband is 56 and I am 51 and we found it easy to get jobs, I am a hospital admin manager and hubby is a facilities manager. We think it is the best thing we ever did, stressful at times but it has been a wonderful adventure and we feel 20 years younger.