Thread: WTR (Talent) visa apporved... what things I can cargo to NZ?

Default WTR (Talent) visa apporved... what things I can cargo to NZ?

Dear Friends

My WTR (Talent) visa has been approved. I need to know what things can I ship to New Zealand. Can I do cargo my household things, likes Kitchenware, juicer/blender, Iron, printer, LCD TV etc.

Thanks in advance.

kind regards

Congratulations! Most of what you list is fine. No fresh foods, especially herbs, nuts etc and anything that has been in contact with fresh foods or out in the garden needs a thorough clean. This includes outdoor shoes, bicycle wheels etc. See - http://www.customs.govt.nz/features/...s/default.aspx for more information.

Congratulations!

thanks Karen for the help.

Please can you also tell do I need to pay any duty for the things which I will cargo to NZ?? And can I bring my BP control medicine and my kid medicine for mild asthma with me when I come to NZ??

There is information on the duty-free allowances here. http://www.customs.govt.nz/inprivate/Pages/default.aspx

It is normally perfectly all right to bring enough prescribed medicine with you to start off in NZ till you find a doctor to sign up with - carry the prescription so you can show it if asked.

tanks JandM you are always helping

MAF will also reject many things made of wood that remotely looks untreated. They especially target Christmas decorations. Eggs or egg shells are also bad. Certain seeds are OK, but they need to be in clearly labeled, unopened envelopes.

Camping gear and that kind of thing can be problematic. If it's been in contact with dirt, I suggest having it steam cleaned before you leave, and bring a receipt showing that it was cleaned with you.

Make sure all of your stuff is clearly marked, as to what's what.

Make a box-level inventory to show the customs folks.

Prescription medication is OK -- just don't over-do, and bring the Rx paperwork with you.

Duty and/or GST are generally only payable on brand-new goods. Be sure to clearly declare anything brand-new; the customs folks will figure out what you owe, if anything.