Thread: Suggestion for any Mover's from India

Default Suggestion for any Mover's from India

Hi
    We are planning to move in sometime and I am looking for suggestion/ tips on any reliable and reasonable movers from India
    I did get in touch with Crown but their quote seems to be on much higher side.

What are tge things you are planning to bring over. Have you looked at NZ prices for Household items. It might be cheaper to sell everything in India and buy in NZ instead of paying moving and quarantine fees etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shawankit View Post
    What are tge things you are planning to bring over. Have you looked at NZ prices for Household items. It might be cheaper to sell everything in India and buy in NZ instead of paying moving and quarantine fees etc.
    The items are only clothes, few utensils which can be used for day-to-day business, there is no wooden furniture or any bulky items. Plan to take only bare essential things.

Hello All,

I and my family (wife+2.5yrs child) also planning to move to NZ by mid of Aril under residency visa and currently don’t have job/offer. can anybody pls guide/suggest how to take care for initial accommodation and what are the things need to pack for initial move, also what to do immediately at airport exit in NZ. Your replies are more appreciated.

I already opened account in ANZ bank from India itself. Is it advisable to carry cash handy or take traveler cheques or any other way? Please suggest other factors before move.

Please suggest the good place in Auckland for initial move (comparably lower rental, safe for family and good accessibility)
    Last edited by barathiraja; 10th February 2014 at 04:42 PM.

Hi,

I have PMed details of the logistics company that I used to ship clothes, kitchen utensils and other essential items. They were the cheapest. The shipment is made via Thai or singapore air cargo.
    They Picked up stuff from home @ Bangalore. You have to get the custom clearance done here in Auckland, which is a pretty straight forward affair as long as you stick to the permitted items.
    They ship a few days after you fly out. Expected time frame for the shipment to reach is between One week to ten days.

Hi, the best location to begin with will be an apartment within the city.
    Check out trademe and contact the advertisers by looking up their website.
    Being in the city will help you during your job search as most of the consultants/recruiters are based here. Public transport is not easily accessible and not as frequent in the suburbs when compared to India.
    You wouldn't want to walk a few kilometres to board a bus or train when attending an interview, would you?

i Suggest you to stay near the city, As my girlfriend is staying in the suburbs of auckland some times she have hard time with the transportation.