Thread: Indefinite PR or PR with Condition

Default Indefinite PR or PR with Condition

Hallo All,

Need a Suggestion and Advice from you guys , please suggest .

I am working in a reputed company in wellington for the past 6 months through Work to Residence visa (Accredited Employer ) which has been granted for 30 months .

My Question is which is a better option ,applying for Resident Visa right now or can i directly apply for permanent resident visa under the below category after 2 years (Option 2)

A small number of people can be granted a permanent
    resident visa without first having held a resident visa.
    These are:

• refugees and protected people
    • successful applicants under the Talent (Accredited
    Employer) Residence from Work Category who meet a
    certain income threshold, and
    • partners of New Zealand citizens, where the couple
    has been together for more than five years and the
    New Zealand citizen has been overseas for more than
    five years.

Lot of people says me to get the Resident Visa right now as there are change if a new goverment comes they will change the rule .

I am bit worried can some one please advice.

FYI , my salary is 95k per annum .

Thanks
    Dilip

Nobody can definitely say what any future government will, or will not, decide to do. It's fair to say, migrants ALWAYS worry about such matters, and gossip among themselves. There is almost always someone who says they know someone who knows someone who KNOWS... but this is nonsense. We can't read the future.

That said, of course it's possible changes in rules will be made, though we don't know what, or when. However, in most cases, INZ deal with any individual by applying the rules that were in place at the time of his application. And if any changes are being considered, these would be discussed first and would take time to bring into force, so if you keep an eye on the news, you would have warning of anything that might be coming, so you could take action while the old rules were still there.

The option for getting PR directly after spending two years on a WTR visa would appear to be open to you - the current regulation about the qualifying minimum salary is here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30628.htm And/But, as you know, you could apply for Residence without waiting, and you could then get PR two years after that was granted. It looks as though your choice will depend on how insecure you feel about your current position.

Thanks JandM , you are always of great help .. Thanks Again .

Hi All,

Another quick question if i get the PR and if i need to conver PR to Indefinite PR after 2 years do i need to pay fee at that time as well ??

Thanks

Yes, there is one fee you will need to pay while fixing PR Visa after completion of 2 year period.

Hi All,

I just went to INZ wellington branch today and met a guy in the reception and when i spoke with him he said i misunderstood the whole concept about PR and what he said was i am currently into something called Work visa even though it is named as WTR and now i need to apply for PR through SMC category for 2 years and once i complete that 2 years then i can go for Indefinite PR .

Is this true can some one please throw some light on this

Thanks

There are temporary work visas http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../requirements/, and there are also work to residence visas http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../caniworkinnz/. What you may be able to do next will be different, depending on which of these visas you currently hold.

You need to make sure which visa you have. For one thing, what is the wording of the visa in your passport? For another, can you ask your employer exactly which visa he sponsored you for?

Hi Jandm,

I checked with the employer and they cofirmed that my visa is work to residence .

It's good to know.

I was in a similar situation and the best thing to do is to apply for the resident visa which will lead to PR later on.