Thread: Any Singaporean in Auckland?

Default Any Singaporean in Auckland?

Hi hello I am a Singaporean and I've just received my Working Holiday Visa. I'm going over to Auckland in June with my wife, I know its a few months away but I still have tonnes of questions to clear. Maybe I will kick off with my first two burning questions:

1) How do I convert my driving license?
    2) Where should we go? We've never stepped foot in Auckland. As finding a job is a priority, we are open to anywhere in Auckland.

Please help!

Hello.

Here's the information about converting your driving license. http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/resi...riving-nz.html Although as you will see, as long as you have a full license, you would be all right to use that in NZ for the first 12 months.

Auckland is a large and varied area. What kind of job(s) will you be looking for? And what kind of leisure activities do you enjoy? These points will make a big difference to what people may recommend.

Lots of Singaporeans in Auckland, in fact Auckland has the highest numbers. If you want to meet them, touch base with the Singapore Auckland Club (there is a website) and join them in their get-togethers.

As for seeking jobs, start applying now to arrange for interviews and let them know when you are arriving.

You don't need to immediately convert your license. Your driving license can be used for up to 12 months in NZ and reactivated every time you leave the country. In the meantime familiarise yourself with the road rules and driving conditions before applying to convert your license. You can go to any AA in Auckland to do so but you are required to take a theory and practical test before a full license can be issued.

@snowy_apple just posted a good experience of getting the NZ driving license here.

Hi, welcome to your first step into New Zealand Alex. I have been living in NZ for a year and a half and would love to help you and your wife navigate the start of your journey in NZ.

Do you have a job offer yet? Where do you plan on staying when you reach here?

Dont worry abt your drivers license as its valid for 12 mths upon each entry into the county.