Thread: SMC - awaiting further response from INZ

Default SMC - awaiting further response from INZ

Hi,

Our ITA (SMC without job offer) was submitted in August 2013 and in Nov 2013 we received an email from the case officer introducing herself as our case officer. We were requested to submitted some additional documents and all the required documents were submitted in Dec 2013.

We have been since then waiting for further response from the case officer and it now has been over 2 months we have not heard anything further (6 months since when ITA was submitted). Can anyone please assist to advise if this waiting time is normal and how long can we expect a further response from our case officer? What can we expect from the next response from INZ? Will that be an appointment for an interview (if all docs are satisfactory)?

Any assistance or advice that can be given will be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Kelvin

Kelvin,

The waiting time is quite normal,however it may vary on a case by case basis depending on the CO's workload.
    Since, you have provided all the additional documents requested & there has been no further communication from CO, it indicates CO is fine with the evidence so far & possibly would be assessing it further based on their structured verifications.
    Most likely, the next you would hear from CO would be if there any more evidences required from your side.
    Or if all is fine with your case, CO might invite you for an interview.CO's usually will not communicate unless there is a need to (based on my experience).

So, it all depends on how your case papers are doing on INZ verifications. Be patient!

All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by rv1103 View Post
    Kelvin,

The waiting time is quite normal,however it may vary on a case by case basis depending on the CO's workload.
    Since, you have provided all the additional documents requested & there has been no further communication from CO, it indicates CO is fine with the evidence so far & possibly would be assessing it further based on their structured verifications.
    Most likely, the next you would hear from CO would be if there any more evidences required from your side.
    Or if all is fine with your case, CO might invite you for an interview.CO's usually will not communicate unless there is a need to (based on my experience).

So, it all depends on how your case papers are doing on INZ verifications. Be patient!

All the best!
    Hi,

Thank you so much for your advice. It is very much appreciated. I feel better now with this information. I will continue to wait and hopefully we will hear something from INZ soon.

Once again thank you for your help.

Regards,
    Kelvin

About the CO's workload. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting).

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    About the CO's workload. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting).
    Thank you JandM so much for your reply.

Your advice is always informative and helpful. Very much appreciated JandM.

Best regards,
    Kelvin