Thread: Medical Results

Default Medical Results

hi,

i hope anyone can help me here...I am starting to work on General Visit Visa application to nz..i know it only require Xray certificate but I decided to have a full medical because I will apply for a work visa under partnership later on. i had my medical examination and the result is bothering me. I was told that I have below normal hemoglobin count and elevated HBA1C. I am starting to worry now because it might be a cause of me not getting a Visa. The personnel from the clinic told me they have to refer me to a Hematologist. Does anyone here have the same situation as i do? I know hemoglobin level takes longer time to go up. I am into iron supplements for the longest time now. but i was surprised the result is still the same. Please help me shed some lights about this.

thank you in advance for the response...
    Last edited by marriedtoakiwi; 12th February 2014 at 10:46 PM.

Hi. I can see how worrying this must be for you, but you need a medical professional to help you understand the causes of your blood test results. There are many possible explanations. I am guessing from your Forum name and the fact that you are not applying for a partnership-based visa at this stage that you have not yet met the criteria of having spent at least 3 months living together. Once you have, you could apply for your partnership-based visa. However, the medical issues will need to be referred to a medical assessor and could present a problem. I know of several similar cases which have taken a few months to resolve, but have then been approved. If the medical professionals say that your condition is of no great significance and it begins to improve you should be fine. When you apply for residence as the partner of a NZer, the threshold for being accepted is lower than for other categories. I hope it goes well for you.

Thank you for the response Karen. Appreciate it. I got everything sorted. I was referred to a Hematologist and fortunately there was no significant findings regarding the blood test result. I was able to get a clearance from my doctor already. I was told that I do not have to worry since its not something contagious and no other disease was found which will affect the Visa approval.. Cheers!