Thread: Will I still get CSA payments when we move over to NZ?

Question Will I still get CSA payments when we move over to NZ?

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum and usually would like to start with an introduction before asking questions, but I'm desperately trying to find the answer to this one. I promise I'll introduce myself properly in a minute

Anyway, long story short. The ex has many years arrears on the child maintenance after ignoring the CSA and moving house/job many times. They finally found him and now his payments are deducting with an attachment to earnings order.

I have two children which he pays towards, because of a change in the law he only has parental responsibility for the youngest.

Anyway, it's looking like he's going to be difficult to deal with in terms of getting consent to take the youngest with us to NZ, and it may end up going to court. I had a meeting with a solicitor today and the subject of the CS payments came up. Using them as a bargaining method. There are two possibilities with this:

1 - offer to cease CSA payments with immediate effect should he sign the papers without going to court.
    2 - offer to cease CSA payments once we move to NZ should he sign the papers without going to court.

Obviously the second one relies on being able to maintain payments while we're in NZ, at leaset for the arrears.

I have hunted and hunted and can't find any recent advice on this matter, anywhere. All I can find is advice from a few years ago and all the links seem to no longer be valid!

Anyone have a clue about claiming CS payments from a UK non-resident parent whilst the resident parent (and children) are living in NZ?

TIA

It looks as if it might be worth contacting this organization. http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/inf...nce-orders.htm If they can't help you, they may well know who could.