Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's Work Clothing - Office-style

Question Women's Work Clothing - Office-style

Hello!!

So, I've got a job which I'm starting on Thursday and it's in an office. Today I spent the whole morning at my nearest shopping centre, trawling the shops for suitable work attire (I only brought one pair of trousers, one skirt and two tops from home as I didn't have much more than that anyway!).

But it's difficult!!! If I were in the UK i'd probably go to Miss Selfridge's, H & M, Dotty P's and River Island and i'd easily find a few decent pairs of work trousers and a load of nice tops (all at good prices).

Ergo, I was wondering: where do NZ women go for this kind of clobber???? I literally have no idea when I enter a store here whether it's going to be a granny shop, for teens, skaters or people with far more money than me!

Any advice?? Specifically, relating to the Wellington region would be good!!!

In the same thread, what do NZ women usually wear in an office setting? I know everything is far more relaxed here so I was hoping that would apply to work as well?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Hi .. our office is quite relaxed.

Mostly I wear trousers / top or shirt. I have a few skirts, that team with either a T-shirt or blouse, but I mostly wear trousers. Dress-down on Friday (although most people dress down every day), and that's jeans/Tshirt.

As for shopping I'm in Christchurch ... most of my work clothes I get from Farmers or Postie Plus.

HTH,
    Lou

I also get most of my work wear at Farmer's. There are specialty stores that have styles I like better, but I can find enough things I can live with at Farmer's for a much better price than the other stores.

I sometimes get clothes on TradeMe.

I work in healthcare and wear jeans or shorts

Where do you buy quality casual footwear?

I've tried:
    the Warehouse - flat insoles and uneven outsole wear. I suspect K-Mart has the same poor quality.
    Number One Shoes - bought Slazenger (thinking these would last since it's a known brand), gone after 2 months.
    Rebel Sport - bought Hi-Tec and specifically asked the staff there how quickly they would degrade and was told people come back for a new pair in a year. They did last about a year.

I'm running out of ideas of where to buy reasonably priced, quality and durable footwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine_NZ View Post
    Where do you buy quality casual footwear?

I've tried:
    the Warehouse - flat insoles and uneven outsole wear. I suspect K-Mart has the same poor quality.
    Number One Shoes - bought Slazenger (thinking these would last since it's a known brand), gone after 2 months.
    Rebel Sport - bought Hi-Tec and specifically asked the staff there how quickly they would degrade and was told people come back for a new pair in a year. They did last about a year.

I'm running out of ideas of where to buy reasonably priced, quality and durable footwear.
    Overland has high quality shoes and their sales make them if not reasonable, better priced than normal. Amazon is where I buy Teva and Keen stuff.

You could buy online at Next, M&S and Dorothy Perkins that Im aware of.. there may be more but these are the ones I've used in the past. If you have bought cloths there before you will know your size...

Well done on the job!

As the others have said it's pretty relaxed - even to the point of people wandering around without shoes on in our office.
    So far I've shopped at Farmers (I see this like Debenhams*) and Glassons (which is your more disposable fashion Top Shop/ River Island*)

*others - feel free to correct my perceptions, I've lived outside of the UK for a long time now!

I tend to buy at Farmers and Ezibuy for work, and some casual stuff from warehouse.

Shoes, I tend to go for comfort, and bought a number of pairs before leaving UK....good factory outlet nearby. Here the only shoes have been walking sandals and trainers...Merrells and Hi Tec mainly...and some cheap trainers from warehouse, which have lasted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast