Thread: Does anyone know what POA means?

Default Does anyone know what POA means?

Hi
    First post, Living in LA usa, coming to visit in Dec-Jan and thinking reaaallly seriously of moving to NZ next sept. My wife and I have been looking at the housing market and POA comes up when the house price isn't stated. These and a few other terms are mystifying. any resourse for NZ's real estate terms??
    thanks
    alan

Price on Application, its a bit of a ploy to get you interested before they hit you with the actual price!

Having worked in an Estate agents office, its generally a label for the more expensive end of the market...

Hi there, here is a link to the most commonly used abbreviations that the estate agents seem to use instead of an actual purchase price (or in some cases along with a price).
    abbreviations
    It also seems that they sometimes don't put a price but if you read through the blurb there is a sort of guide price range.

regards
    Sian

POA = I cant afford it!

(Not always the case in NZ, so worth asking if you like the look)

Default thanks for all the info

I thought it meant Power of Attnory. Here in the US there are probate sales where you bid on the property, then the court holds 10% of your bid price for 3 months waiting for some else to overbid. then you get it. Nerve racking.
    thanks again all
    alan