Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spouse IQA required or Not?

Default Spouse IQA required or Not?

hi all,

if I am gaining point for my wife as level 7 education qualificaiton should I need to go through the IQA process again for her or only I can get the IQA assessed and submitted.
    Since I will be the main applicant for the residence visa.

please advice.

thanks
    Naveen

Hi. If you want to claim the points for your wife (an extra 20 points) and her degree is not on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment, you will need an IQA for her and also she will need IELTS 6.5 or evidence of an equivalent level of English.

Thanks Karen... I can get her Education assessed since her degree does't list up in the list of qualificaioints excempt from assesseement.

and also since she has done her education in English Medium I dont think IELTS is required... correct me.

Thanks

that was quick.

regards
    Naveen

Hi. If her degree was delivered solely in English, INZ will probably accept that - but there is no guarantee. For some student visas, I have been asked if the student studied successfully for more than 2 years in a country whose primary language was English and if not, IELTS has been required. I suspect it depends on individual details. However, I would not pay for IELTS at this stage.

Thanks

Any I have submitted my IQA this time and once it is approved I will submit my wife so that I can getready for the EOI.

Naveen,

If you are claiming points from your partner, she will need an IQA as well.
    You can still apply for EOI without her IQA, if you haven't applied for EOI yet.

IQA will only be required when you have been invited for ITA. But you can get all her documents ready in the meantime.

On IELTS, suggestion would be get her attain IELTS score as at times INZ may not accept the medium of education to satify language requirements. It is very subjective, hence if you want to conserve time, she can give her IELTS.
    Anyways, partners do not need high IETLS score.

Partners need the same IELTS score as principle applicants, if you're claiming points for their qualification.

IQA is required for both of you and you need at least a Pre-assessment Result from NZQA to submit EOI
    http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...r-immigration/

Quote Originally Posted by Tchris View Post
    IQA is required for both of you and you need at least a Pre-assessment Result from NZQA to submit EOI
    http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...r-immigration/
    If the degree is not on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35171.htm

My wife degree is not list of qualifications excemptions: same as mine hence I have applied for IQA last week.

I thought of below two methods:
    1. Once my IQA is approved I will submit the EOI along with my wife's educations points updated in the EOI?
    2. Once my EOI is selected (in between ) then I would apply for IQA or PAR so that It will be ready before sending the originals for te ITA.
    3. or Since I am the primary applicant will my wife's PAR only will do?

Please advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast