Thread: Telecommunication Engineer Jobs in New Zealand

Default Telecommunication Engineer Jobs in New Zealand

Hello,

I am working currently in KSA as a Telecommunication Engineer with Huawei KSA. And previously I worked in Malaysia, UAE & Pakistan for similar roles.

Hopefully 2014 will be the year for us to move for NZ and so I would like to establish a better understanding about the job market there.

I am looking to discuss below points,

i. Which city is the job hub (Auckland/Wellington/Christchurch).
    ii. What are the normal salary structure for Core Network Engineers of 6 years experience.

Thanks

Nazir
    EOI submitted / selected: 02-12-2012 /12-12-2012.
    ITA Recieved / Submitted: 28-12-2012 / March 2013.
    CM Assigned: 21-11-2013

Most of the ICT jobs are in AKL or WLG (check seek.co.nz to see where the jobs for your domain are). You will also get some idea about the salary range. There are some salary surveys available too, which you can refer.

Otaku,

Thanks for your reply.

If you please share some names of well known recruiters who are actively working for ICT...

Thanks

Ah, I noticed your location now. If you see other 'job search' threads/posts, it is clear that one has to have a JSV or Residency (can be had without JO and under SMC), or at least be in NZ (on say Visitor visa) to attend interviews and then file for Work Visa after getting a JO. TBH, Overseas candidates are too risky for recruiters and they would not sponsor or offer JO, unless one has very niche skills(for e.g., 'SharePoint Developer').

So if you are serious and want to increase your chances, get a JSV or be in NZ or both (see other similar threads, if not convinced)
    Last edited by Otaku; 23rd February 2014 at 09:02 PM.

Dear Otaku,

Many thanks for your reply.

Nazir