Thread: Can an Essential skills work visa holder can already apply for a Permanent Residency?

Default Can an Essential skills work visa holder can already apply for a Permanent Residency?

Hi all,

My husband and I were planning to apply for a Permanent Residency this coming July. I looked up at the immigration site and got really confused on what guidelines are we going to follow. Need your help, assistance and advise.

Thanks for answering.

Is your husband's visa a temporary work visa (essential skills), or a Work to Residence visa?

I think, reading your previous posts, that it is the temporary work visa (essential skills). If that is the case, you can't go directly from that to Permanent Residence. However, you can, if his skilled job is continuing, apply for Residence under the Skilled Migrant Category. (And the old name for that visa, till 2010, was PR, so a lot of people get confused talking about them.) To find out about that category, start here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nt/default.htm

Hi JandM! Thank you for always patiently answering my queries. God bless you always

I need help as well plZ