Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Malaysians - renewing passport without going back?

Default Question for Malaysians - renewing passport without going back?

Have you renewed your passport while in NZ before? What is the procedure like, and how long did it take?

Thanks!

Hi,

You can do it via Malaysian embassy in Wellington. They will send your passports back to Putrajaya for renewal. From thereon it will be a waiting game approximately 2 months. Give the embassy a call..very friendly folks.

2 months isn't so bad, I was thinking something like a year...

Thanks. I tried looking at their website but couldn't find anything about it. Do I need to travel to Wellington to do it?

No need to go there. Again call them up and they will let you know how to go about doing it. You have to courier your passports to them.

1. Go to http://www.kln.gov.my/web/nzl_wellin...ssport_renewal to download the application form.

2. Follow the checklist 1 to 11 and all other instructions on the webpage.

3. Send all that are asked, NOT your original passport.

4. Wait for the acknowledgement letter in 1 or 2 weeks time. It tells you the application has been sent to Putrajaya, or asks you to send more information to the embassy.

5. Then wait for approximately 2½ to 3 months for the notification letter after the new passport is processed and sent to the embassy in Wellington.

6. Notification letter will give instruction how to send the old passport to Wellington.

7. Send your old passport to embassy in Wellington in registered courier bag. You need to include a prepaid self-addressed registered courier bag as well.

8. Track your courier bag online. If it's delivered but you don't see your return bag being sent back to you in reasonable time frame (through tracking), give them a little kick!! (call them...very friendly).

9. If the post tracking of return bag states sent, you'll receive your old and new passports in 1 or 2 days time.

Hi snowy_apple
    Your information is much clearer than them. I'm also need to renew but some part not that clear. Could you please advice? Regarding the withness for right thumbprint & sign section 13d. Is that mean I need to find the JP who understand what it mention in section 13d?
    There is one part which I am not so sure which one I should tick. The box above the photo.
    "Saya sahkan bahawa
    **pemohon/anak telah
    hadir dan mengemukakan
    dokumen-dokumen
    berikut:-"

Besides, do I need to sign on the back of the passport photo in front of the JP and put on the form?
    Thank you so much for your help

Is it OK to travel on your old passport while the new passport is being processed or has just finished processing (but you haven't sent your old passport in yet)? Say I have booked a trip on 1st Aug, and on 31st July I receive notification from Welly that my new passport has been processed. Can I go on the trip first, then send my old passport to Welly only after I return from the trip?

I'd think as long your passport still has 6 months or more you can travel with it.
    What did you end up doing?

Quote Originally Posted by breeze View Post
    I'd think as long your passport still has 6 months or more you can travel with it.
    What did you end up doing?
    Well, it isn't urgent as my passport still has about a year of validity left, so I have been procrastinating...

I've been reading the KLN webpage that snowy linked, and there's one part that confuses me: "Right thumbprint MUST BE WITNESSED at the addresses below (refer Note B)". But there is no Note B, although they mention the places where you can certify your documents (Consulates, Notary Public, Justice of Peace). Can I assume that the right thumbprint can be done there? But how can a JP possibly 'witness my thumbprint' when they don't have the equipment to take thumbprints?

How about your local police station?
    We did all ten fingerprints for one of the police clearance at the police station here.

Was there a form that has a box for your thumb print? Bring that with you then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast