Thread: Did I get residency?

Question Did I get residency?

Hi everyone,

I applied for residency and got a case worker, who called everyone I know. Asked for further documentation, which I provided. I am visiting the immigration website pretty much every day now to check on my status. However it did not change. My status still says work visa.

However when I look at the list of my previous and ongoing applications it states under ""Decision" for my residency application "Approved". Before it always said "Pending". Nobody has officially told me anything yet. My case worker hasn't contacted me.

Does that mean I got residency or is that just the next step in getting there?

Congrats J32 , Yes your Residency visa is approved and you will get the scanned copy of your signed approval letter from case officer to your mail address within two to five working days from online approval date. that will tell about in principle conditions like migrant levy etc,.(if any) along with passport dispatch details..

Actually an automated mail will triggered to your registered mail id once the status has changed, some times due to system error this will not happen ( for me also no intimation reg. online status change)
    Last edited by barathiraja; 26th February 2014 at 07:00 PM. Reason: for Additional infirmation

Quote Originally Posted by barathiraja View Post
    Congrats J32 , Yes your Residency visa is approved and you will get the scanned copy of your signed approval letter from case officer to your mail address within two to five working days from online approval date. that will tell about in principle conditions like migrant levy etc,.(if any) along with passport dispatch details..

Actually an automated mail will triggered to your registered mail id once the status has changed, some times due to system error this will not happen ( for me also no intimation reg. online status change)
    Awesome! Thanks barathiraja!

Well done J32

We are waiting for our status to change ( checking twice a day). I've had my interview and we were told it should be decided this week. If the status changes to approved, does that mean we have no conditions? We are away on holiday at the moment and I'm not sure if we will get an email. We are hoping for residency rather than a job search visa.

Thanks

All the best and wish you for the Residency visa....